Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Director of Corporate Finance is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and to develop and maintain accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. This position reports to the Head of Corporate Finance or another senior management personnel that the Vice Presi-dent/President of the Company may designate.
This position is located in Irvine, California and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm. This position may be expected to travel up to 5%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close and support quarterly reviews and year-end audit;
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of financial information as required by the management and the headquarter;
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of payment transactions;
- Supports budget and forecasting activities;
- Analyze and interpret financial information that corporate executives need in order to make sound business decision;
- Review vendor invoices, employee expense reports, and payroll related expenses and activities;
- Collaborates with the other team members to support overall department goals and objectives;
- Works with non U.S. based parent company, subsidiaries and other affiliated companies;
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy;
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department;
- Prepare reports on operating solar assets for management and related party investors.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed; and
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, or another related field preferred
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of accounting experience
- Speaking and writing capability in both English and Korean is required
- Experience in the construction industry or renewable energy projects a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS accounting policies and practices
- Experience working in a global company and interfacing with non U.S. based parent company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to develop process and procedures with little
- direction in a fast pace and changing environment
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at email@example.com
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.