Verkor is a French industrial company aiming to pioneer low-carbon battery manufacturing in France. With the backing of prominent industrial companies such as Renault Group, Plastic Omnium and Schneider Electric, Verkor intends to electrify the future of European mobility.
With over 350 experts from 38 different countries, our endeavor is to unite exceptional global talent to bring this ambitious and innovative project to life. Our strong and agile international team continues to grow and adapt to new challenges. Based in Grenoble (France), we have recently started operations our Verkor Innovation Centre (R&D centre and 4.0 pilot line).
We now focus on building the world’s most modern and efficient Gigafactory in Dunkirk (France). With this facility, our ambition is an initial annual production of 16 Gwh of lithium-ion batteries by 2025, thus powering 300,000 electric vehicles annually.
In joining us you will actively participate in this breathtaking industrial adventure to shape the future of European mobility.
About this role :
We are seeking a project coordinator with IT technical skills to serve as the "hands and eyes" of our remote site, ensuring the smooth operation of the construction of the new plant and our IT infrastructure and supporting remote troubleshooting efforts.
As an IT Project Coordinator and Remote Support at Verkor, you will play a critical role in overseeing and managing IT projects, ensuring their successful completion within scope, timeline, and budget. You will also focus on enhancing our remote work capabilities, optimizing processes, and providing IT support to remote employees.
- Project Management:
- Plan, execute, and oversee IT projects from initiation to closure.
- Define the project scope, objectives, and deliverables.
- Develop detailed project plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Allocate and manage project resources, including team members and vendors.
- Monitor project progress and ensure adherence to timelines and budgets.
- Identify and mitigate project risks and issues.
- Communicate project status and updates to stakeholders (primarily the construction team).
- On-Site Support:
- Be the primary contact for IT support at the remote site (Bourbourg).
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware and software systems.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT-related issues reported by remote teams.
- Follow standard operating procedures for equipment setup and maintenance.
- Equipment Monitoring:
- Monitor and report on the health and performance of IT equipment.
- Perform regular system checks and ensure proper functioning.
- Identify and report hardware or software failures promptly.
- Remote Assistance:
- Collaborate with remote IT teams to execute troubleshooting procedures.
- Provide clear and accurate information during remote support sessions.
- Assist in remote software updates, patches, and configurations.
- Inventory Management:
- Maintain an inventory of IT equipment and spare parts.
- Manage asset tracking and documentation.
- Assist in the procurement of necessary IT components.
- Maintain accurate records of IT equipment, configurations, and maintenance activities.
- Create and update documentation for troubleshooting procedures.
Qualifications & skills :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (Master's preferred).
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of project management tools and software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions under pressure
- Understanding of IT infrastructure, network architecture, and cybersecurity.
- Experience as an IT Technician or similar role.
- Familiarity with a variety of IT hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Ability to follow technical instructions and procedures
- Proficiency in both French and English
- Basic networking knowledge is a plus.
Why join us?
Strong company spirit and culture settle down around our 4 values:
We promote personal initiative and give everyone the means to contribute to the company's success.
We're committed to transparent communication: we say what we think, and we mean what we say.
Everyone, in their role, is an ambassador for the company. At Verkor, success is most definitely a team sport!
We're all working towards a common goal: a sustainable future, which we're building one step at a time.
Attractive work conditions*
- Stimulating work environment: pleasant offices, multicultural and motivated team
- Live and work in the Green Capital of Europe
- Lunch vouchers
- 50% of local transportation costs financed
- 5 weeks of holidays per year + 2 weeks of compensation time (RTT).
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Opportunities to network and connect with worldwide experts
*all positions are open to individuals possessing a Recognition of the Status of Disabled Worker (RQTH)
*conditions may apply depending on type of contract