Reactivate is a joint venture powered by Lafayette Square and Invenergy, bringing together complementary impact investment and sustainable energy expertise to support renewable energy projects, create job opportunities, bring energy cost savings to underserved communities, and advance opportunities for minority and women-owned businesses. Reactivate is dedicated to ensuring an equitable energy future. We are a young team on a path to be the country’s leading developer, financier and operator of renewable energy projects serving low-income communities. We have set bold targets to harness the power of renewable energy to generate savings for low-to-moderate income households, create jobs for underserved workers, help bring minority and women-owned businesses into the renewable energy supply chain, and help revive neglected communities through tax payments on previously under-utilized land. You can learn more about Reactivate at https://www.reactivate.com/.
At Reactivate, Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are more than just words to us. These are values at the core of how we build our teams, cultivate our leaders and create a company where everyone feels valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and we believe that our differences enable us to be a better team. We are not just looking for a culture fit, we are looking for a culture add. We hope you will consider adding everything that makes you, uniquely you to our growing team.
The Development Manager will lead the land acquisition, permitting, tax agreements, interconnection agreements and pre-construction studies process of commercial rooftop, community, and small utility solar and storage projects primarily in the Southern region of the United States.
- Develop commercial rooftop solar, community solar and small utility-scale solar and energy storage projects primarily in the Southern region of the United States
- Lead development activities in early, mid, and/or late stages of the project
- Align projects with long-term company strategy and initiatives
- Identify development prospects, including market assessments, fatal flaw identification and conduct initial site reconnaissance
- Secure site control for development prospects, including negotiating leases, easements, and other agreements with landowners
- Coordinate landowner communication efforts
- Obtain certain local and/or state permits
- Attend Community meetings and represent Reactivate with customers, landowners, state and local officials and other stakeholders
- Conduct site assessments, fatal flaw analysis and other due-diligence
- Coordinate activities with 3rd Party Consultants on environmental, wildlife, and geotechnical analysis
- Support initiation of generation interconnection activities
- Provide due diligence support during development project acquisitions
- Assist project budgeting and scheduling
- Manage tasks according to budgets and schedules, including coordinating internal and external technical support
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging solar and energy storage technologies as well as relevant energy market and policy developments
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary for being a member of a growing organization
- A BS or BA from an accredited college program, or equivalent work experience
- Work experience in the renewable and clean energy or real estate industry
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility as business needs and priorities shift
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to write effective, concise reports
- A desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Office365 Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Travel as needed, anticipated 30 - 50% of the time
- Valid driver's license required
- 2+ years' work experience in the renewable and clean energy or real estate industry
- Familiarity with GIS (Geographic Information Systems) tools such as ESRI
- Familiarity with solar project development, real estate development, transmission and power project engineering are advantageous
- Experience in community solar, commercial rooftop solar, battery energy storage, or electric vehicle charging infrastructure
*Upon submission, we want to empower you to record your name via the Name Pronunciation tool so that our hiring team can ensure they are pronouncing your name correctly and that you feel properly acknowledged.