- Your mission as Project Development Manager at Climeworks is to lead the development of projects at suitable sites for our Direct Air Capture and Storage (DACS) projects in the USA.
- You take ownership of this process by reviewing established selection criteria, selecting the suitable site in close alignment with all internal and external stakeholders and developing that site towards readiness for project execution
- You lead the Climeworks project team through the early phases of a DACS project such as Pre-Feed and Feed
- You manage stakeholder engagement activities including community outreach and permitting activities for the selected site
- You establish contacts to partners, energy and service providers and lead relevant contract negotiations.
- You hold a Master’s degree in an Engineering discipline or similar.
- You have 10+ years of work experience in project development of which 5 years must have been spent in the USA as Senior Project Manager or similar.
- You have experience in managing Stakeholder & Community engagement for large-scale industrial projects in the field of CCS, with demonstrated track record of constructively incorporating stakeholder priorities into project planning.
- You have a strong network among US-based and international site and/or project development companies.
- You enjoy collaborating cross-functional with different departments and are well-versed with PPA negotiations, Front End Loading (FEL) processes and with contracting and handling EPCs incl. claims management.
- You consider yourself a team player, motivator, and decision maker.
- You are willing to travel up to 60% and you are living in Texas, California, Louisiana or New York, or are willing to relocate there for this position.
At Climeworks, we carefully consider market indicators to determine the compensation model for our positions. The salary range has been set by factors such as function, career level, and location and therefore may vary. The US base salary for this full-time position is typically $140,000-$225,000. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We use the recruitment process to determine your career level, job-related skills, and depth of experience to make an informed and fair salary offer.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.