About TeraWatt Infrastructure
At TeraWatt, our mission is to power electrified fleets with the most reliable network of charging centers. Our platform provides solutions on the leading edge of the transition to zero-carbon transport. TeraWatt’s various functions embody the company’s core values to achieve our goals.
With increasing demand for electric vehicles, we are facing a once-in-a-century technology transition. The market for EV charging infrastructure is expected to grow to $1 trillion by 2040. The nation needs a long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. At TeraWatt, you will join your team in delivering quality end-to-end charging solutions. TeraWatt Infrastructure is the leader in financing, developing, and operating electric vehicle charging solutions. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets
The future of electrified transportation requires innovation and a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy, real-estate, and charging infrastructure. TeraWatt's business model builds on the economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy. TeraWatt is well established with a portfolio of properties spanning 18 states. These sites include charging solutions in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs. Client needs span urban mobility hubs, last mile fleet operators, and long haul electric trucking.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport. We are building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At TeraWatt, we continuously strive to foster inclusion, humility, energizing relationships and belonging, and welcome new ideas. We're growing and want you to grow with us. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. Electrifying transportation is priority #1 to impact climate change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments.
We are building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At TeraWatt, we continuously strive to foster inclusion, humility, energizing relationships and belonging, and welcome new ideas. We're growing and want you to grow with us. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
As a Real Estate Finance Associate, you will be expected to analyze the financial and technical feasibility of EV charging hub projects across multiple sectors and customer use cases. You will coordinate with Real Estate, Development, Construction, Finance and Company leadership to incorporate cost estimates, energy and tariff structures, federal and state incentive information, and other critical assumptions into the Company's sophisticated financial models. You will manage budget forecasting and cash flow analysis for EV charging investments. You will support revenue and legal teams in negotiations with fleet customers for contracting on EV charging sites. The ability to work independently and as a team member are critical, as well as the desire and innovative mindset to operate as an important contributor within a fast-paced, early stage company environment. This role will report to the Senior Director, Real Estate.
- Compile real estate and Capital Expenditures (CapEx) budget, forecasts and other financial reports for the Company and funds managed by the Company
- Responsible for creating, modifying, and iterating complex real estate financial models
- Support the real estate team to underwrite new investment opportunities as well as the development team to underwrite ongoing development projects
- Forecast financial pro formas to determine capital budgeting and return profiles for project investment decision making by Company leadership
- Assist in the creation of investment committee memos to present to the Board of Directors
- Work with product, strategy and finance teams to determine feasibility of product offerings
- Support finance in compiling budgets and forecasts for real estate investments and projects in development
- Responsible for real estate market research analysis, including staying up to date on financing market updates and deal structures
- Coordinate with policy & incentives, energy and finance teams to incorporate federal, state and local incentives for EV charging and other energy assets into the underwriting models
- Comfortable explaining complex financial information to non-financial personnel
- Generate as necessary analysis and reports from quantified data to assist Company leadership
- 2+ years experience in banking or finance at real estate, renewable energy or sustainability operating companies
- Bachelor's degree required ideally within a financial discipline
- Experienced in financial analyst tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, SQL a plus
- Mobility, real estate, energy or project development background
- Expert-level analytical and financial modeling skills
- Creativity to transform raw data into presentations
- Strategic thinking
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work internally with multiple internal stakeholders and groups
- Ability to influence and persuade
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
At Terawatt, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.