Solar Landscape is changing the way America goes solar. We are advancing energy equity, making carbon-free energy accessible to call.
Solar Landscape is growing fast. Doubling in size year after year, we are looking for the best and brightest to drive our next phase of growth. We’re made up of thought leaders, thinkers, dreamers, doers. We are insightful, driven, rebellious, fun, and we are better together. Our diverse and unique backgrounds are all given a voice and seat at the table to help make real change for the communities we serve.
About The Role
The VP of Consumer Marketing will serve as the end-to-end lead of Solar Landscape’s consumer efforts – from acquisition to management to retention. The role will require a deep understanding of consumer dynamics and what makes the community solar subscriber audience tick. This role will design smart packaging and messaging to communicate Solar Landscape's value proposition and establish a balanced mix of network partners and internal resources to successfully launch multi-channel marketing campaigns. In addition to securing subscribers to support our projects, we'll look forward to ongoing communications to keep our subscribers engaged and recognize their contribution to a sustainable energy future.
Manage Solar Landscape’s consumer-facing presence and brand
- Conduct market research and study consumer and customer trends to identify new opportunities and optimize marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure brand consistency and alignment with solar landscape generally and across various channels.
- Ensure sales collateral materials are visually appealing, consistent with the brand, and effectively communicate key messages.
Build omnichannel DTC acquisition capabilities
- Develop comprehensive / omnichannel DTC acquisition plan to support full in-house subscriber acquisition. The VP of Cons. Marketing will develop and implement marketing campaigns across multiple geographies to fill and manage community solar projects.
Build SL’s subscriber retention / customer experience (CX) capabilities
- Create and implement effective customer retention programs to maximize long-term customer value.
- Analyze customer data, feedback, and engagement metrics to identify opportunities for improving customer retention strategies.
- Collaborate with the customer support team to ensure a seamless customer experience (“CX”) throughout the customer lifecycle.
Marketing analytics and reporting
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Analyze campaign results, customer data, and market trends to derive actionable insights for continuous improvement.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations to communicate marketing performance to the executive team.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field. MBA preferred.
- Proven experience (5-10 years) in marketing leadership roles, preferably in DTC customer acquisition and retention, within the renewable energy or related industry preferred but not required.
- Strong understanding of marketing strategies and tools across a range of channels, including but not limited to direct mail, email marketing, digital/social/paid, referral programs, door-to-door.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing successful brand development and building initiatives.
- Proficiency in marketing analytics and reporting, with the ability to derive insights and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex marketing concepts to diverse audiences.
- “Player / coach” mentality – ability to roll up sleeves and execute, as well as guide vendors and team members to desired outcomes.
Benefits and Perks
Solar Landscape’s company culture is second to none.
Our 160+ employees combine our mission, grit and drive with a rebel’s attitude that is changing the industry:
- Located in the heart of historic Asbury Park, our state-of-the-art office space offers flexible workstations encouraging collaboration and movement.
- Hybrid and remote work schedules ensuring a healthy work/life balance.
- For our folks in NYC, we have a convenient WeWork space employees are welcome to share.
- Employees come together to eat every day! Like in a home, our gourmet kitchen is the heart of the office. Solar Landscape has a full-time in-house chef cooking daily farm-to-table meals using locally sourced organic food.
- Also included in employees is our competitive compensation package; a 401(k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance, flexible paid time off and holiday PTO; We provide healthy snacks, coffee, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!