Jeev is a startup on a mission to empower local stewards globally to launch and scale equitable nature restoration projects quicker and at a lower cost. Our innovative Jeev Restoration Engine combines the power of earth observation and on-ground data to streamline nature restoration efforts and provide local communities with easier access to financing. Our goal is to restore 2 million hectares of forests in the tropics by the year 2030. You can have a first look at jeev,earth = (. instead of ,).
We’re supported by Brainforest, the first Venture Studio for forests.
We're passionate about using technology to drive positive environmental impact and are seeking a visionary Chief Technology Officer to join us in the early days as a founding team member.
As the founding Chief Technology Officer at Jeev, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the technical direction of our company. You will lead our technology team, drive the development of the Jeev Restoration Engine, and help us leverage the latest advances in machine learning, software engineering, and earth observation for ecosystem monitoring to achieve our mission. You will be responsible for building and scaling our technology infrastructure, ensuring it aligns with our long-term goals, and driving innovation in the field of nature restoration.
- Product Vision & Development: Lead the development and refinement of our Jeev Restoration Engine, leveraging earth observation, on-ground data, machine learning, and GIS technologies to streamline nature restoration efforts.
- Define our Technology Stack: Select and implement the appropriate technology stack and tools, ensuring scalability, reliability, and security of our systems.Innovation: Stay at the forefront of technological advancements in the fields of machine learning, software engineering, and remote sensing, converting cutting edge research into usable products.
- Technical Leadership: Provide strategic leadership for the company's technology initiatives, setting the vision, direction, and goals for our technical team.
- Team Management: Build and manage a high-performing technology team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous learning.
- Strong expertise in software engineering and machine learning.
- Technology leadership: Proven experience as a technology leader, preferably as a CTO or in a senior technical role in a startup environment.
- A track record of successfully building and scaling technology solutions.
- Desirable experience in GIS for ecosystem monitoring.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Can handle uncertainty well, thrives in an ambiguous environment, is a self-starter
- Mission driven: Driven by Jeev’s mission of scaling nature restoration equitably
- Clear communicator: Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on global nature restoration efforts.
- An opportunity to steer the product and technological development of the company
- Attractive founding equity and basic salary
- Flexible work arrangements, including the possibility of remote work and travel to nature restoration sites
- Access to the leading minds in nature restoration through our association with Brainforest
If you are a technology leader with a passion for using your skills to drive positive environmental impact, we invite you to join us in our mission at Jeev.