MaGrann Associates is a forward-thinking leader in energy efficiency engineering and green building consulting, specializing in multifamily buildings. With our headquarters in Mount Laurel, NJ, and offices in New York City, Washington DC, and Connecticut, we serve the Northeast region with excellence in sustainable design and energy solutions. As we continue to expand our operations, we are seeking an Energy Engineering Manager who will play a pivotal role in overseeing technical staff engaged in a diverse range of multifamily building projects, including ASHRAE level I, II, and III energy audits, energy modeling, Integrated Physical Needs Assessments, Low Carbon Capital Planning studies, and participation in various utility retrofit programs.
Our ideal candidate is a dynamic leader with outstanding organizational and management skills, possesses over 5 years of relevant technical experience in energy engineering, and is proficient in the technical aspects related to the aforementioned project types. This position offers the opportunity to make a significant impact in the field of energy efficiency and green building initiatives.
This position is based in either Mount Laurel, NJ, or New York, NY
- Staff Management: Lead a team of technical professionals spread across multiple office locations. Provide mentorship, set expectations, and nurture the growth of team members' technical skills.
- Quality Assurance: Review and evaluate the work of your team to ensure technical accuracy, compliance with project requirements, and alignment with best practices.
- Skill Development: Foster the development of technical skills among your team by identifying training and educational opportunities to enhance their capabilities. Encourage continuous learning and growth.
- Stay Informed: Maintain an in-depth knowledge of emerging trends, developments, technologies, materials, and best practices in energy engineering. Apply this knowledge to continuously improve technical processes and workflow efficiency within the organization.
- Manage Energy Auditing: Oversee and lead energy auditing efforts, ensuring thorough assessments of multifamily buildings in accordance with ASHRAE standards. Supervise the development of detailed energy audit reports.
- Manage Energy Analysis: Manage the analysis of energy consumption patterns and recommend energy-saving strategies based on comprehensive data analysis.
- Manage Energy Modeling: Direct the energy modeling process to evaluate the performance of energy-efficient measures and their impact on building energy consumption.
- Manage Measurement and Verification: Establish robust measurement and verification protocols to validate the effectiveness of implemented energy-saving measures and track ongoing performance.
- Manage Construction Administration: Provide guidance and support during the construction phase to ensure the proper implementation of energy-efficient design measures.
- Additional Duties: As needed, perform other tasks and responsibilities to support the goals and objectives of MaGrann Associates.
- Supervisory and Leadership Skills: Demonstrated leadership capabilities to guide and inspire your team.
- Organizational Prowess: Exceptional organizational skills with an unwavering attention to detail are vital.
- Interpersonal Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills are crucial for effective team leadership and client interactions.
- Time Management: Proven time management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Task Prioritization: The ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate.
- Energy Engineering Expertise: A thorough understanding of energy engineering principles is essential for success in this role.
- Math and Physics Aptitude: Proficiency in applied mathematics and physics is necessary to excel in energy engineering.
- Energy Modeling Tools: Familiarity with major energy modeling tools such as eQuest, TREAT, and EnergyPlus is highly advantageous.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving acumen to address complex engineering challenges.
- Software Proficiency: Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite or related software is expected.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering: A bachelor's degree in Engineering is required for this position, while a Master's degree is preferred.
- Relevant Experience: A minimum of five years of related experience in energy engineering is essential.
Join MaGrann Associates as our Energy Engineering Manager and play a pivotal role in shaping a sustainable future for multifamily buildings while advancing your career in the field of energy efficiency. We are committed to providing a dynamic and rewarding work environment where innovation and excellence thrive.
If you are passionate about energy efficiency, possess the qualifications and skills outlined above, and are eager to contribute to the success of a leading sustainability consultancy, we encourage you to apply. We look forward to welcoming you to our team.