Gridmatic Inc. is a high-growth startup with offices in the Bay Area and Houston that is accelerating the clean energy transition by applying our expertise in data, machine learning, and energy to power markets. We are the rare startup that has multiple years of profitability without raising venture capital. Gridmatic is a great place to work with a culture that values teamwork, continuous learning, diversity, and inclusion. We move quickly and fix things. We are environmentally and data-driven, with a growth-oriented, academic mindset. We value integrity as much as excellence.
We are looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer who can create forecasting models that help quickly decarbonize the electricity system. This is the ideal role for someone who wants to use their programming skills in a fast-paced environment, enjoys learning every day, and enjoys bouncing ideas off coworkers and collaborating on tough problems. This is a role where you will see your ideas tested and quickly proven in real-world settings, and where you will be on the forefront of cutting-edge technology in a nascent space.
- Design state-of-the-art machine learning models for the electricity grid.
- Research and implement ML algorithms and tools for generative time-series forecasting.
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks.
- Run tests and experiments to rapidly iterate and improve production models.
- Monitor and maintain the quality of existing models.
- Put creative approaches to the test with fast, revenue-impacting results.
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role.
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture.
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms.
- Fluency in Python and machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn, numpy, and pandas).
- Excellent skills in communication and teamwork.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or similar field; MS or PhD is a plus.
What’s your policy on remote work?
We value the ability to work and collaborate in-person in our early stage as a startup, so Gridmatic has a hybrid policy of "50% in-office”. Most of the company works in our Cupertino office 2 or 3 days a week.
How does the interview process work?
We start with 1-2 initial conversations about the role, your past experience, and Gridmatic as a company. We then have a skills assessment which involves a take-home project; if that goes well, you’d come onsite to Cupertino to talk to the team.
Join our team and make a difference! Click below or email us at email@example.com.