About Energy Vault
Energy Vault® develops and deploys utility-scale energy storage solutions designed to transform the world's approach to sustainable energy storage. The Company's comprehensive offerings include proprietary gravity-based storage, battery storage, and green hydrogen energy storage technologies. Each storage solution is supported by the Company’s hardware technology-agnostic energy management system software and integration platform. Unique to the industry, Energy Vault’s innovative technology portfolio delivers customized short-and-long-duration energy storage solutions to help utilities, independent power producers, and large industrial energy users significantly reduce levelized energy costs while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial reuse, Energy Vault’s EVx™ gravity-based energy storage technology is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the global clean energy transition for its customers. Please visit www.energyvault.com
for more information.
Our purpose: We exist to enable a sustainably energized world.
Our vision: We envision a future where nature and humankind coexist in harmony.
Our mission: We provide energy solutions to accelerate the global transition to renewable energy.
Our values: We Commit, Innovate, Connect, Deliver, and Lead.
About the role
As Bids and Proposals Manager you will fulfil a strategic role within the Commercial team and will be responsible for interacting with Application Engineers and Sales leaders with the ultimate goal of producing winning and profitable commercial proposals. Once the contract has been awarded, you will assist in preparing a robust business case to present to Energy Vault’s top leaders for approval to execute the contract. A limited amount of travel is expected, mostly within Australia, but also internationally.
A limited amount of travel is expected (up to 20%), mostly within Australia, but also internationally. The successful candidate is currently residing in Melbourne. We are open to level III, Senior, or Lead for this role.
What you will do
- Manage all aspects of creating commercial proposals across energy storage technologies with the commercial team.
- Prepare and deliver winning proposals on schedule and without error.
- With support from your supervisor the Director, Product Pricing, coordinate with all supporting groups to complete technical and commercial proposal, project schedules, expected cash flows and project profitability energy storage projects.
- Review completed proposal sections to provide feedback that improves quality.
- Model projects, cash flows, and maintain a pricing workbook.
- Evaluate assumptions for pricing decisions, including identifying key inputs, discussion of inputs with relevant functions to determine the input validity.
- Ensure timely, effective communication with internal teams and executives.
- Support project financing activities for Energy Vault owned projects.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- 6+ years of experience in a commercial or finance role in the energy industry (generation or storage).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a preference for Engineering, Communication, or Business.
- Excellent project management as well as analytical and problem-solving skills; the ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; cost modeling experience is a plus.
- Experience creating and delivering high stakes presentations.
- Effective communication, particularly of program plans, proposals, and results.
- An interest in learning and understanding complex projects.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
- Eagerness to collaborate in a team environment to bring a storage project into reality.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Experience in public companies is a plus.
- A passion for sustainability, and our purpose, mission, and vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.