Cash Compensation: $130-170k
Location: San Francisco, CA
Equity Stake: Yes
About The Company
In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP (all of energy generation and transportation) to run on batteries by 2035.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds predictive battery management software for transportation and energy customers with large deployments. Our customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations.
Our team brings top researchers in physics-based battery algorithms together with seasoned software engineers to build safety-critical firmware and large scale machine learning systems. We bring with us decades of experience from companies like Tesla, Facebook and Google.
About The Role
We are looking for a People Operations Business Partner to support our rapidly growing team here at Zitara. This highly cross-functional role will be a founding pillar of a small but mighty people team, and you’ll work closely with colleagues focused on people operations, recruiting, finance, legal, and security, as well as senior leadership. You will help us build out our HR policies and strategies, and act as a trusted leader and guide on a wide range of employee related topics.
- Employee Support - Providing support to employees and managers on all human resource-related topics
- Management and leadership engagement - Acting as a trusted advisor to senior leadership on all People Operations-related topics and help to set our human resources strategy as we scale
- Building out and scaling our People Operations infrastructure - From testing and selecting new tools to building out employee resources, you will help develop and scale the systems we use to provide an exceptional experience to our employees
- Performance Management - Working closely with management to create a conducive culture for high performance and manage performance expectations for employees
- Benefits and Compensation - In partnership with management, ensuring we are providing a competitive compensation and benefits package for employees, including conducting market research
- Recruiting and Onboarding - Working closely with management and hiring leads, ensuring that we have a diverse and highly skilled talent pipeline as well as a best in class onboarding program implemented across the organization
- Administration and compliance - Helping to administer backend HR processes such as benefits administration, administer mandated leaves, and ensure we are in compliance with HR-related federal, state and local laws
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have a minimum of 5-8 years experience working in human resources, people operations, or closely related functions
- Have experience operating at a growing early-stage technology startup, California-based company, and relative fluency with CA-specific HR and employment policies and best practices
Strong candidates may also:
- Excel at supporting employees and managers to do their best work
- Care deeply when it comes to helping and supporting a diverse set of people at all levels of an organization
- Have proven experience and skill sets in providing confidential, practical support and are trained in topics like conflict resolution
- Have strong working knowledge of human-resource-related best practices and are able to effectively implement these in a culturally appropriate fashion
- Be a pragmatic problem-solver and enjoy developing creative solutions
- Thrive in building and scaling processes, and enjoy identifying and setting up new systems at a quickly growing company