About the role
You'll be leading our marketing and growth efforts, helping to accelerate electrification by driving adoption of our products among both consumers and electrical contractors. Using your skills in marketing, sales, and product marketing management functions, you'll develop and execute campaigns to accelerate our growth. You'll identify target audiences, run ads, do outreach, develop messaging, and manage marketing KPIs for both B2C (consumer) and B2B (contractor) segments. You'll help shape our strategy, drive demand for Kopperfield's products, and accelerate home electrification to fight climate change.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Marketing strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive product marketing strategy, including product positioning, funnel audits, messaging, and go-to-market (GTM) initiatives to drive adoption of Kopperfield's offerings.
- Organic traffic: Create organic traffic, for example through SEO, content creation and distribution (blog, tools, social media, etc.), and/or events.
- Brand awareness: Drive earned media placements on the internet, via media mentions, partnerships, and/or customer advocacy. Build our domain reputation.
- Lifecycle marketing: Write email sequences, newsletters to maximize customer LTV and conversion.
- Customer reviews: Collect and manage public reviews and reputation on sites like Google and Yelp.
- B2B sales support: Help sell our B2B product, create lead lists, reach out to prospective customers, optimize lead flow, develop impactful content (e.g., case studies, presentations, and newsletter), and build tailored landing pages for our B2B customer segment (electricians, HVAC, and solar contractors).
- Product content and copy: Write customer facing content across the site, including in our editorial messaging and in the product itself.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Been a part of a high-growth technology company that scaled from $10M-100M in revenue, where you’ve done sales, growth, and/or marketing.
- A results oriented mentality. You’re excited about doing both strategy and execution. You’re excited to use growth, marketing, sales and other skills to get sh*t done.
- Startup experience, where you contributed strategic vision. You’ve built/led programs from the ground up and demonstrated that you’re technical enough to deliver results independently.
- Experience with data analysis and metrics, defining and tracking key marketing KPIs such as traffic quality and quantity, sales opportunities, conversion rates, customer acquisition cost, etc.
- Excellent writing skills. You’re a great writer and can help define Kopperfield’s voice in the world.
- Good design sense. You’re able to define well-crafted content that also looks good. Able to articulate content and messaging needs to designers, and provide constructive feedback to achieve creative excellence. You drive brand consistency across all marketing materials and channels.
Nice to have:
- Experience working within the climate tech, sustainability, or renewable energy sectors. Understands the unique challenges of driving adoption of innovative but complex products. Track record of success marketing game-changing technologies and developing compelling value propositions centered around making an environmental impact.
- Paid marketing experience, where you managed all paid marketing channels including search ads, social ads, video ads. Ability to prioritizing across channels and monitoring performance, budgets, etc.
- You’re familiar with SQL, low-code development tools, and content management systems.
- Experience working at a marketplace business or vertical SaaS company.
- Experience managing outside vendors, agencies, and PR firms to collaborate and achieve key priorities.