🌴Who are we
We are an impact-driven, remote-first, ClimateTech (CDR) startup headquartered in Germany and Brazil with the goal to reverse climate change and make tropical agriculture more regenerative, low-carbon and sustainable. We are working with Enhanced Rock Weathering in tropical agriculture, currently with a focus on Brazil. We do that to create a liveable planet for future generations and, in specific, to regenerate soils and ecosystems, grow nutritious food, and increase food security and sovereignty in the tropics. Our stakeholders and clients are from all over the world, and we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Our Vision is to remove gigatons (that's billions of tons) of CO2 from the atmosphere in a permanent, scalable and safe way.
🌿 Our Mission
Our Mission is to enable farmers in the tropics to replace synthetic fertilizers, pesticides and limestone with (silicate) rock powder from local mines.
🌟About the role:
As InPlanet's Public Relations Specialist you will be at the forefront of shaping our brand reputation. You will be responsible for creating and executing innovative PR campaigns that engage audiences and drive our mission forward. Your role will be pivotal in enhancing our presence in the market and ensuring that our message resonates with the world. You would contribute to international and domestic campaigns as well (Brazil, Germany, USA and the rest of the world) including various target groups and channels. The role is ideal for someone with a strong track record of PR for growing businesses and with a genuine passion for sustainability or climate technology.
- Create compelling, persuasive content, to effectively communicate key messages and promote InPlanet's initiatives. (articles, insights, blog posts, and opportunities to strengthen our reputation within the industry).
- Develop and maintain a PR content calendar to ensure consistency.
- Collaborate effectively with CopyWriter/Head of Brand and Communications to identify and spotlight newsworthy stories and opportunities for media coverage.
- Build strong relationships with future partners of media coverage and the key players in the carbon removal world.
- Cross-functional collaboration with our BD/HR team to showcase our best work, all-star people, and company as thought and market leaders.
- Develop and implement a communication plan to address potential PR issues effectively when necessary, working to protect and defend InPlanet's reputation, and maintain transparency through success and challenges.
- Report on results and impact ongoing, including contributing to a weekly overview.
- Execute comprehensive PR strategies aligned with company goals and objectives
- Identify industry trends to leverage for PR purposes.
- Contribute to the company's social media accounts, consistently posting relevant and engaging content.
- Monitor social media conversations and actively engage with the audience to foster brand loyalty.
- Think both creatively and strategically.
👩🚀 You can be a Rock-Star if you have
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or a related field but at the end attitude and willingness to learn is the key.
- Adaptability and curiosity around creating bespoke PR for markets aforementioned.
- Strategic thinking: able to develop and execute PR campaigns that align with overall business goals.
- Proven experience in PR or related roles
- A portfolio - a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Creativity and the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and nurture relationships.
- Managing adhoc PR challenges is a plus.
- Proficiency in PR software and tools is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Startup Drive: ability and excitement to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, value-driven environment.
♥️Living Our Values
At InPlanet, we have a big vision of solving climate change, and we are looking for individuals who are genuinely passionate about making a positive difference in the world of Carbon Removal Solutions. As a fast-growing startup, we are also in the process of identifying and further articulating our culture and key values on which we hold each other accountable in the company. These values are also an important part of our selection process for this role:
- You possess a drive to get things done (the time is now!) with a hands-on, can-do attitude - #Igotthis, #yougotthis
- You are committed to the process of constant learning, CDR is a new space! - #wearealllearning
- You are aspired to deliver quality, evidence-driven, trusted output - #excellencebuildstrust
- You believe in being kind and transparent at the workplace - #thereforeachother, #diversityiskey
- You dream big and you believe in making a difference - #bigsolutionstobigchallenges
🥰 What we offer
- People-first, Performance Culture: 🚀♥️ We believe that focus on people and performance can co-exist with the right cultural vision. Our philosophy is the dynamic fusion of these two essential components. The Rocket emoji symbolizes our unrelenting drive for peak performance, excellence, and reaching new heights. The Heart emoji represents our deep commitment to our people, fostering empathy, compassion, and genuine care for every team member's well-being. Together, we're not only elevating our business but also the aspirations of those who make it all happen.
- A Bigger Purpose: When you're part of the InPlanet Team, you're part of a great vision. It's about creating a world where every action, every project, and every campaign contributes to a greener, healthier future.
- We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion! We are proud to have an internationally growing team and we are designing our people practices to serve psychological safety, belonging and authenticity.
- Benchmarked, competitive pay: Experience, location and working model are taken into consideration, therefore we cannot provide an explicit range for each role. We discuss this in more detail in the first round of interviews.
- Share options to make you feel like an owner, and the autonomy to make a massive impact.
- Fully Remote, Fully Inclusive: Join us from anywhere within the CET (- 4-hour time zones).
- Personal development budget
- Paid time off and holidays
- The opportunity to be autonomous, make a huge difference and belong to a vision.
- Occasional off-sites in Brazil yay!
- Macbook to fuel your productivity.
We are determined to design robust selection processes, and we believe in equitable recruitment. If you are successful at the CV + answers screening, it would most likely be followed up by a short interview or phone call with our Head of People or People & Talent Partner. There will be 3 stages with various members of the team involved. Processes may vary by role and subject to change. We are trying our best to keep you transparently updated, however, we can only provide feedback to candidates who reach the Hiring Manager interview stage.
Being an equal opportunities employer is very important to us, and we are committed to ensuring that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions which cannot be shown to be justifiable. We design our processes to be fair and equitable, and we believe in continuous learning.
All applications, including CV & cover letter, should be submitted in English. Applications in any other language might not be considered (unless it is justified to be in Portuguese).