Reunion helps clean energy projects such as solar, wind, and battery storage obtain financing through the sale of tax credits. This is a large new opportunity created by the Inflation Reduction Act; tax credit sales are expected to exceed $50 billion annually.
In July, we launched Reunion's clean energy tax credit marketplace which already has more than $3 billion in credits from high quality clean energy projects available for purchase. We closely guide corporate tax and finance teams to buy clean energy tax credits in a low-risk transaction.
Reunion’s platform is focused on tax credits today, but we aim to provide a variety of financial products that will enable construction of high-impact clean energy projects.
Reunion’s team has deep expertise in clean energy finance; our founding team has over 40 years of experience financing clean energy projects, and led many of the earliest solar tax equity and private equity transactions. We have raised over $2 billion to fund clean energy projects around the world with partners including D.E. Shaw, Y Combinator, and SunEdison. Reunion raised seed funding in December 2022 from Segue Sustainable Infrastructure, and leading renewable energy entrepreneurs and executives.
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to join a climate finance company at the ground floor, led by an experienced team of second-time entrepreneurs with deep expertise in clean energy finance.
As an early member of the team you will have a high degree of project ownership, and direct input into how we build the company.
What You’ll Do
- Drive tax credit sales to medium and large corporate buyers
- Develop a compelling strategy for pitching clean energy tax credits to a wide pool of corporate decision-makers
- Lead a high volume of conversations with tax credit buyers. Serve as a trusted and consultative partner to potential buyers
- Drive full sales process from origination to close, using technology and structured processes to drive high velocity of sales
- Thought leadership in the field of tax credits / clean energy finance
- Write and speak on issues related to tax credits, drawing on your experience in tax credits / corporate finance (if you aren’t currently an expert, we expect you to come up to speed very quickly)
- Examine latest rules and developments on clean energy tax credits, and serve as a trusted voice to tax directors looking to understand implications
What You’ll Need
- Must have experience selling new / complex products to executives at medium to large enterprise customers
- Must have enough experience with finance or clean energy finance to carry credibility when selling to CFOs and finance teams
- Strong perspective on how to drive enterprise sales process, from prospecting through deal closing
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience working in a high-growth environment
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Structured and analytical thinker, with exceptional ability to draw out key insights
- Resourceful, scrappy, and willing to roll up your sleeves and get projects done with limited oversight
- NOTE: Reunion is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description.
Nice to Haves
- An existing rolodex of senior-level finance contacts at medium and large corporations
- Experience at a Big Four accounting firm, or working-in house in the tax / treasury / CFO’s office within a corporation
- Experience in clean energy / clean energy finance
- We are a remote-first company with hubs in Seattle, WA and San Francisco, CA
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you + partially covered for your dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
Please apply directly through Reunion's application link here. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Business Development Executive"