We're Twelve, a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning ...View Company Profile
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The Productization group seeks to develop innovative new manufacturing processes and automation tools to establish Twelve as a world leader in carbon transformation. It is composed of several different teams focused on different aspects of manufacturing, new product introduction, and customer deployments of our CO2 conversion systems.
The Director of New Product Introduction is responsible for establishing vision and direction for the NPI team and working cross-functionally to ensure successful product development transfer into production. You will set the tone for a collaborative environment that values equity of voice, inclusive behaviors and trusting teams. You will lead Operations NPI team to introduce new products from concept to production ramp including prototype builds in working with R&D and manufacturing.
What You Will Do
- Lead Operations NPI team to introduce new products from concept to production ramp including prototype builds to manufacturing and working with suppliers
- Managing and coordinating NPI activities between all functional groups including design engineering, Supply Line Management, Product Engineering and Operations for a successful new product transfer
- Working with each functional group and the Ops NPI team to identify, prioritize, and act on meeting project timelines and risk management
- Working with Finance and supply line groups to develop, analyze, monitor, and meet cost structures and models
- Lead the Operations teams in developing and implementing product transfer plans
- Delivering project status reviews to senior management and peers
- Support of the product development mindset and continuous improvement is integral to this role
- Partner with Engineering and global supply chain teams to define and influence vendor selection that meet short term and long term strategies at Twelve
- Establish and define business processes that yield smooth transition between design teams and manufacturing
- Provide coaching, mentoring, nurturing and establish growth and development opportunities for staff
Who You Are
- Intellectual honesty and agility, with the ability to pivot based on shifting priorities and balance multiple projects seamlessly in a fast-paced environment, are key
- Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years of experience OR Master’s/Doctoral degree with 12+ years of experience in Engineering, Chemistry, Science, or related field and 4+ years managing people
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in new product introduction
- Ability to adapt project plans, schedules throughout the project to respond to ever changing requirements
- Ability to support multiple cross-functional project tracks (swim lanes) concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to operate at all levels in the organization
- Excellent communication skills with proven leadership capabilities and a bias for action
- Experience in working in diagnostics, electrolyzer/fuel cell, chemical, or automotive industry
- Experience with new product introduction tools like house of quality [HOQ], Kano model, VAVE, etc.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.