We're Twelve, a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning ...View Company Profile
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Twelve is a fast-paced startup with a growing research team. As an Equipment Engineer you will be responsible for selecting, installing, and commissioning new research equipment. In this role, you will work in collaboration with other teams at Twelve across various disciplines to improve our equipment and processes for making CO2 electrolyzers. You will help troubleshoot and maintain existing research equipment, as well as direct and mentor technicians. An ideal candidate will have deep experience with lab equipment and their supporting utilities. They likely have filled a whiteboard with piping designs, wandered the virtual halls of McMaster-Carr, and developed strong opinions on fastener head types. They will be an agile problem solver that is motivated by new challenges and a fast-paced environment.
What you will do
- Support researchers in the selection and installation of analytical and process equipment
- Research, procure, install, and commission support equipment such as heaters, chillers, and pumps
- Work with researchers to troubleshoot and improve laboratory equipment
- Design and install safety systems such as toxic gas or LEL monitors
- Develop and maintain engineering documentation such as P&IDs, SOPs, etc.
- Develop and oversee maintenance programs for research and production equipment
- Mentor laboratory and maintenance technicians in installing and maintaining equipment
- Collaborate with lab managers and facility project managers in planning new laboratory spaces
Who you are
- You have 6+ years of relevant experience OR 2 years of experience and a BS degree in a STEM field
- You have experience installing and commissioning laboratory and process equipment:
- Designing and installing process piping for chemicals, compressed gas, exhaust and vacuum systems
- Selecting and installing support equipment such as recirculating heaters, chillers, vacuum pumps, etc.
- Experience in a variety of piping systems and the use of hand and power tools
- You have worked in a processing or laboratory environment and have familiarity with analytical equipment
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- You are a natural problem solver with good mechanical intuition
- You have experience organizing work and directing technicians
- You have familiarity with safety regulations and best practices, especially pertaining to toxic and flammable chemicals
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.