We're Twelve, a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning ...View Company Profile
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The Electrochemistry team is responsible for testing the performance of membrane electrode assemblies (MEAs) for Twelve’s electrochemical CO2 reduction process under a range of conditions and diagnosing the limiting step in the process. In this role, you will partner closely with our scientists and engineers to advance our understanding of the electrochemical reaction that is occurring within our CO2 electrolyzer using electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) as a tool.
What you will do
- Design and conduct experiments to deepen our understanding of the CO2 conversion process
- Analyze impedance results and correlate EIS features with components within the CO2 conversion process
- Partner with other teams to identify the limiting steps in our conversion process
- Build experimental approaches and integrate EIS into regular tests
- Provide recommendations on how we improve our CO2 conversion process
Who you are
- Degree in a STEM field required (chemistry or chemical engineering preferred)
- Masters with at least 3 years of relevant experience OR
- You have strong electrochemistry background (fuel cells, water electrolysis, etc.), and are familiar with AC impedance
- You have driven projects that involved EIS as a core tool
- You have demonstrable hands-on experience in a research or industrial lab, with experience setting up electrochemical measurement systems
- You are familiar with electrochemical instruments (such as potentiostats, frequency response analyzers and power supplies)
- You have strong technical communication skills and are adept at working with cross-functional groups
- You are capable of thinking and planning strategically, while also keeping your eye on the crucial details and ensuring strong execution
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.