Who we are
Arcadia is a technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Senior Director, Total Rewards to join the People & Impact team. In this newly crafted role, this individual will be responsible for the design and implementation of innovative and scalable compensation and benefits programs that enable the attraction and retention of top talent. This role will also oversee HR Operations which entails management of all HR systems. The ideal candidate is analytical, creative, enjoys working with data and knows what it takes to succeed in a high-growth environment.
This role is remote reporting to the VP, People, and will have a team of two. Additionally, the Senior Director, Total Rewards will collaborate frequently with our Executive Leadership Team (ELT), Finance, Legal, HR Operations, Talent Acquisition, as well as other departments.
Arcadia is headquartered in Washington, DC, and open to fully remote candidates.
What you'll do:
- Serve as the subject matter authority on total rewards (inclusive of base salary, bonus programs, variable compensation, equity, recognition awards, and benefits) and HR Operations (HRIS, compliance, HR policies, and people data).
- Oversee career development of direct reports into advanced individual contributors, people managers, and potential successors to anticipate evolution of organization.
- Design total rewards programs for entire company and roadmap aligned to Arcadia’s values, ensuring internal equity, external competitiveness, and compliance with all governmental regulations
- Partner closely with Finance and the business throughout the performance review process, bonus, promotions, and total rewards statement process by providing analytical, forecasting, budgeting and structural guidance.
- Collaborate with Executives and HR/Legal/Finance on our company stock & equity programs (grant guidelines and execution)
- Conduct compensation benchmarking exercise and pay equity analysis annually to ensure Arcadia’s total rewards are competitive and retain top talent.
- Oversee competitive and attractive benefits programs (healthcare, 401k, wellbeing)
- Partner with HR Business Partners on compensation recommendations, job architecture, and total reward packages for roles.
- Own benchmarking data and external partnership relationships, where needed
- Own total rewards in Arcadia’s HRIS and identify tools, partners, and compensation studies, for ongoing compensation analysis.
- Oversee operational elements of the people function including HR-related documentation, policies and compliance, HRIS & systems, immigration, leave of absence, and people data.
- Continue to evaluate and implement systems and vendors to support Arcadia’s growth.
What will help you succeed:
- 10+ years of global compensation and benefits experience, preferably with some time spent in a fast-paced high-growth start-up or tech-based organization. Public company experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of relevant ERISA, IRS, and DOL regulations, and legal requirements impacting compensation.
- Subject matter expert in executive compensation, bonus, equity, variable compensation, and benefits and strong communication skills to educate organization
- ESPP program administration
- Variable equity type (ISO, NSO, RSU) and vesting schedule (traditional, boxcar) expertise
- Experience in Compensation tool integration and consultant partnerships
- Technical knowledge of compensation design, including incentive, commission, and executive compensation program designs and associated tax implications and requirements.
- Track record of providing creative, proactive, and contemporary designs and programs responsive to the company's evolving strategies
- Experience developing a long-term platform for rewards administration in a high-growth company.
- "Remote first" culture - work anywhere in the US as long as you have a reliable internet connection
- Flexible PTO - no accrued hours and no limit on the number of vacation days employees can take each year
- 15 annual company-wide holidays including a week long "summer break"
- 10 days sick leave
- Up to 4 weeks bereavement leave
- 2 volunteer days off
- 2 professional development days off
12 weeks paid parental leave for all parents
- Weekly "flex time" - no internal meetings on Tuesdays and Friday afternoons
- 80-95% employer cost coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Annual budget to use on conferences, books, classes, workshops or anything that contributes to professional development
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.