Who we are:
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining API platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a VP, Product Management to lead Arcadia’s Community Solar business line from the product side. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this person will be responsible for the product roadmap and success of the community solar business. This person will lead a team of product managers, growing a 2-sided marketplace between community solar developers and consumers & businesses seeking cheaper, renewable energy. On the supply side (solar farm developers), this person will partner with our business development and operations teams as well as our regulatory team and subject matter authorities to build compliant, localized product experiences, as we massively scale our energy under management from 700MW in early 2022 into gigawatts and beyond! On the demand side (residential & business subscribers), this person will be responsible for the full customer lifecycle, including our web portal and focus on features that accelerate growth via direct-to-consumer, direct sales, indirect partner channels, and B2B sales.
Arcadia is headquartered in Washington, DC, and open to fully remote candidates.
What you'll do:
- Align our long-term clean energy & community solar product strategy with the strategic vision of the company; guide our teams to deliver products that both delight customers and deliver on our decarbonization and sustainability goals
- Supervise and be accountable for a multi-quarter product roadmap for community solar and our other clean energy products
- Define and drive product KPIs to ensure a healthy, growing business. Lead regular product-business reviews to track ongoing progress with the team.
- Build product experiences for multiple personas and partners, including solar developers, residential and commercial consumers, our operations teams, and our go-to-market teams.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a dynamic team of product managers. Help guide their short- and long-term goals, priorities, decisions, and deliverables
- Collaborate cross-functionally with peers in Engineering, Design, and Data to define and evolve a scalable, repeatable product process to deliver products on time
- Maintain an ecosystem in which excellent ideas are heard, qualified, and invested in
- Apply technical, analytical, and UX expertise to guide data-driven, customer-centric decisions
What will help you succeed:
- 7+ years experience in a product management or similar role, including 3+ years managing and growing diverse, high performing product teams
- Experience building B2C or B2B software products, ideally with notable technical complexity
- Experience leading product and aligning investments to revenue for a high growth business line (think tens or hundreds of millions of dollars)
- Comfort working in ambiguity and a passion for crafting structure in places where it doesn’t yet exist
- A “buck stops here” mentality and a willingness to walk through walls to make your vision a reality
- Outstanding leadership and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build alignment across all collaborators, including senior management and commercial teams, through effective trust-building, negotiation, and influence with & without authority
- Bias for quantifiable results versus activity, and willingness to hold yourself & others accountable for delivering results.
- Experience making build/buy/partner/outsource type decisions.
- High degree of creativity and willingness to experiment
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a clean-energy future
- Experience working in a regulated or highly commoditized vertical (ideally energy, but if not, a background in finance, telecom, healthcare would be helpful).
- Experience building products and supporting a 2-sided marketplace
- Experience working with and supporting enterprise customers
- "Remote first" culture - work anywhere in the US as long as you have a reliable internet connection
- Flexible PTO - no accrued hours and no limit on the number of vacation days employees can take each year
- 15 annual company-wide holidays including a week long "summer break"
- 10 days sick leave
- Up to 4 weeks bereavement leave
- 2 volunteer days off
- 2 professional development days off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all parents
- Weekly "flex time" - no internal meetings on Tuesdays and Friday afternoons
- 80-95% employer cost coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Annual budget to use on conferences, books, classes, workshops or anything that contributes to professional development
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.