Climatebase is the world's #1 hiring platform for the climate workforce. We’re focused on solving one of the greatest challenges facing climate companies: Hiring.
Climatebase helps climate tech companies, renewable energy companies, and environmental nonprofits hire the top mission-driven talent they need to succeed — while helping people discover opportunities to work in climate and transition into the space. With 250k monthly users — entirely from organic word-of-mouth growth — we’re already widely regarded as the leading platform for climate jobs.
Our vision is to become the “LinkedIn for climate”: the central hub for climate jobs, education, and community for professionals and organizations working in climate. Our mission: Mobilize talent to accelerate climate solutions.
- Hiring is the #1 most common challenge facing climate companies — a challenge that they collectively spend billions of dollars on every year, and one that's slowing their ability to scale the climate solutions humanity desperately needs.
- Climatebase helps organizations hire the mission-driven talent they need to succeed in their work to address climate change.
- We do this by connecting companies with top talent through our platform for climate careers, which helps mission-driven talent discover climate jobs and transition into the space.
- Climatebase is both a product-centric and community-centric technology company, combining the network effects of a two-sided marketplace with the value-add of a highly passionate audience and engaged community.
Traction: We’re the first hiring platform entirely focused on climate. Since our launch in July 2020, Climatebase has become the world's #1 climate-focused hiring platform:
- Over 200k people use Climatebase each month, and over 1 million people have used Climatebase to discover and apply to over 45k jobs at over 2,500 climate tech companies and environmental nonprofits.
- We’re recognized as the go-to hiring platform climate companies eager to connect with our global network of top mission-driven talent.
- We've built the foundation for a comprehensive hiring platform and professional network, which already includes:
- The world's #1 climate jobs marketplace
- A talent network with tens-of-thousands of profiles for our employers to source talent from
- A complimentary built-in Applicant Tracking System (ATS), as well as custom integrations with all major ATSs
- A feature-rich community platform (currently in private beta and only accessible to members in the Climatebase Fellowship)
- Coming soon: AI-powered jobs matching and talent sourcing
- We’ve developed one of the leading climate newsletters, Climatebase Weekly, which reaches over 70,000 readers twice each week, with an average open rate above 50%. (If you’re familiar with newsletters, you’ll appreciate that open rate!)
- We launched Climatebase Fellowship in 2022, and we've run two cohorts with over 300 Fellows that we're selected from over 4,000 applicants. So far, the program has received an average score of 92/100 from our alumni. Cohort 3 of the Fellowship begins in April 2023.
Our vision is to become the “LinkedIn for climate”: part employment marketplace, and part professional network for individuals and organizations mission-focused on addressing climate change.
About our team
Our remote-first team is made up of passionate, diverse, climate-concerned technologists, operators, and community builders.
We have both big-tech and startup experience, coming from major technology companies like Slack, Netflix, Oracle, and Gusto, and having spent years in the trenches early-stage startups like Make School, a software engineering education company backed by Y Combinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and Kapor Capital.
For all inquires, email: team (@) climatebase.org
Follow us on Twitter: @climatebase
And follow our founders: @EvanDHynes , @jhardin925, and @jesseryanhynes