SCS is seeking a Contract Auditor to lead or support product evaluation audits to environmental and social sustainability standards to achieve industry recognized certifications. Program certification allows companies to leverage their certified products in the market and confirm compliance with industry standards. The Contract Auditor will conduct and complete contracted client billable work, ensuring conformance with corporate and program quality control requirements. This is a contracted position.
Relevant programs include the Responsible Jewellery Council Code of Practices and Chain of Custody, Signet Responsible Sourcing Protocol, Responsible Minerals Initiative, London Bullion Market Association, London Platinum and Palladium Market, and related industry standards in the metals industry.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and conduct both onsite and desk audits for both domestic and international clients as assigned.
- Complete clearly written technical audit reports following program requirements.
- Communicate professionally with all stakeholders (e.g. SCS, clients, consultants, scheme owners).
- Maintain a strong working and technical knowledge of the relevant program certification standards.
- Bachelor's degree in social justice/human rights, public policy, or environmental sustainability
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Lead Auditor/Practitioner status in ISO 9001 or ISO 14001, SA 8000, APSCA CSCA
- Experienced in conducting interviews regarding social auditing criteria
- Experience or working knowledge of metal supply chain and industry requirements
- Professional experience in both written and verbal client communication
- Highly proficient at prioritizing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Thrives in a deadline driven environment by completing complex tasks and deliverables on-time
- Ability to work productively both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Able to interpret standard requirements
- COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested to support client requirements, as needed. Your response is optional.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Fluent in either Spanish or Mandarin, both written and spoken
- Professional experience in any of the following industries: Jewelry, Refiners/Smelters, Mining