HowGood is an independent research company with the world's largest database on product sustainability. With more than 33,000 ingredients, chemicals, ...View Company Profile
HowGood is an independent research company with the world's largest database on product sustainability. With more than 33,000 ingredients, chemicals, and materials assessed, HowGood SaaS and impact data offerings help leading brands, retailers and investors improve their environmental and social impact. Through in-depth, ingredient-level insights into factors ranging from greenhouse gas emissions to animal welfare to labor risk, HowGood data powers strategic decision-making for the sourcing, manufacturing, merchandising, and marketing of sustainable products.The ideal candidate is talented and enjoys working collaboratively to design and deliver solutions to complex problems. We are looking for someone with vision, who can roll up their sleeves and become a can-do executor, delivering on-time and routing around roadblocks in a pinch. You will take on a leadership role in building our infrastructure, to provide a resilient foundation for our application and data science workloads.
- Design and implement cloud architecture to support various product and data science workloads
- Work with all teams and senior management to create platform and infrastructure solutions
- Maintain testable/reproducible architecture
- Advise and implement best practices and continuous improvement processes for security, alerting, and scaling
- A strong point of view who can communicate their opinions to the team, as well as senior management
- 5+ years experience with cloud-based environments (AWS preferred)
- Extensive experience with Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes preferred)
- Skilled in security best-practices (DevSecOps)
- High proficiency in one or more scripting languages (python preferred)
- Enthusiastic about automated testing, logging, and documentation
An ideal candidate will also have experience with:
- Kubernetes (K8s) systems on AWS
- Managing Elasticsearch clusters
- Deploying python web/data-science workloads
Why work at HowGood?
HowGood has the world’s largest sustainability database and has recently completed the build for a new data model that allows for unprecedented flexibility in building metrics that help decision makers the world over understand the impact of their choices. Whether we are supporting NGO’s, business leads, product developers or individual shoppers, we help people understand the impact of their choices. Our model allows us to build metrics for measuring the impact of externalized costs faster and better than ever before. Applicants for this role should be excited to participate in creating new understandings, supporting better decision making and helping to change the world.
- Competitive salary, health benefits & paid vacation
- Office in Upstate New York, but remote work is fine
- Flexible, relaxed but fast moving environment
Competitive benefits package available, with salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HowGood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.