You have 1-2 years of experience and are looking for a role where you can develop new skills, grow, and gain responsibility. You have strong aptitude for quantitative analysis, understand the fundamentals of credit analysis, and want to strengthen your quantitative modeling skills. You might have had internships or entry-level experience at an accounting firm, commercial or investment bank, ratings agency, insurance company, fintech, or insurtech startup. You are interested in assessing various corporate counterparties and developing sector-specific expertise. You want to be in a high-growth, fast-paced environment that allows you flexibility to explore other aspects of the business while maintaining life balance. About Energetic Insurance:
Energetic Insurance develops novel risk management solutions to unlock exponential growth in renewable and distributed energy. Our flagship product enables financing of commercial solar projects. We are a fast-paced venture-backed startup that recently closed a Series A fundraising round
with participation from strategic venture capital investors from the finance, energy, and insurance sectors. We are backed by SCOR, one of the largest insurance companies in the world, as well as Schneider Electric Ventures and MS&AD Ventures. Our company is scaling rapidly; we’ve reached $80M in insured value across 12 states and over 160 projects, are working with multiple financial institutions, and are exploring new products and geographies. Our team doubled in size in Q4, and we will continue hiring heavily in 2022.Why this role is so unique:In addition to becoming a key member of an exciting startup revolutionizing the CleanTech industry, you will also be a driving force behind the automation of an insurance underwriting process at the center of the InsurTech movement. Half of your time will be spent on project risk underwriting, the other half will be working with data scientists and software developers to automate aspects of your job to increase throughput and productivity. You will have first-hand experience leveraging modern analytical tools to create more efficient underwriting processes.
- Review and consolidate financial statements for candidate businesses.
- Assist in the execution of fundamental credit analysis and due diligence of individual credit counterparties and recommendation of actions where necessary.
- Assist in drafting credit recommendations including risks and mitigating factors.
- Conduct specific credit research, analytics and modeling, and supporting/leading special projects.
- Provide in-depth research of various industry, counterparty, or credit-related topics relative to the evaluation of potential underwriting opportunities.
- Develop analytical tools leveraging various data analysis techniques.
- Analyze and combine large data sets from disparate sources.
What we're looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, risk management, business, engineering, or another related field.
- Possess 1-2 years of relevant fundamental credit analysis experience.
- Relevant quantitative modeling or data analytics experience gained through either previous work experience or projects at school.
- The ability to think outside the box and creatively to figure out how to obtain access to hard-to-find data and research.
- Interest in renewable energy and desire to use your financial skills to improve the world.
- Clear and concise communication skills in written and verbal form.
- Bonus: Familiarity with rating agency methodologies
- Bonus: Technical programming skills and literacy across standard languages.
We anticipate the starting base salary for this role to be $65,000 with flexibility based on the experience you bring. The compensation package will consist of base salary, bonus, and equity options. Location:
Boston, Cambridge, or tri-state area home-base preferred. Our team remains partially remote due to covid. Long-term hybrid and remote options will be considered for strong candidates. Travel Requirements:
Occasional travel required for meetings and conferences. Why you should work with us:
You will be influential and will have significant growth potential. You will have fun, learn a lot, be well-supported, and have a positive impact each day. Energetic Insurance is dedicated to building a diverse workforce as we grow and scale. We strongly encourage and invite women and people of color to apply.