Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment. Solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer at Zoox, you will help accelerate our product development by helping our developers build the safest and most reliable autonomous driving software possible. As developers build new features, you will develop extensive test plans, design simulated tests to execute many different scenarios and triage issues seen during on-vehicle testing. These efforts are critical to exposing unforeseen failure modes, implementation bugs, and other issues as a result of new feature development. You will participate regularly in-vehicle testing missions where you will see these new features behaving in the real world. Following these missions, you will help to triage and root cause issues seen during testing and will help to analyze test results to ensure existing functionality does not regress from release to release. Your ability to distill complex systems and root cause issues will be critical to producing a safe and stable vehicle platform.
- Create test strategies and test plans for Zoox’s self-driving behavior features
- Design, develop and execute synthetic test scenarios on an in-house simulation test framework
- Identify, track, report and resolve test issues with cross-functional software development teams
- Maintain high-quality standards for driving software features using metrics and test results
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of software testing experience
- Proficiency with designing and implementing test strategies that scale across multiple test teams
- Proficiency with automated test framework and test automation
- Experience with GIT, command line, bug tracking and reporting tools
- Proficiency with Python, C++ or other scripting languages
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and prioritization skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Relevant industry experience in robotics or autonomous software testing
- Experience with a simulation framework
- Familiarity with ISO 26262 or other safety standards
- Experience developing integration and test plans and procedures for safety-critical robotic systems and/or autonomous vehicles
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $114,000 to $180,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.