Come join us at Zoox to participate in the transportation revolution with building self-driving vehicles! Our mission is to make personal transportation safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable for everyone. Simulation is essential to Zoox’s mission. Zoox uses simulation to develop our driving software, validate safety, and analyze our real-world performance. Our team’s work directly impacts how rapidly and successfully Zoox will achieve its goals. We are looking for experienced developers (5+ years experience) to build a massively scalable pipeline for orchestrating the execution of simulations and processing of the results. This mission critical pipeline will be highly parallel, manage various stages of execution, ensure correct data flow and coordinate the processing of the results. This is an ideal opportunity for an innovative Software Engineer to build the foundation and the pipeline that can exponentially scale up the execution of the simulations and at the same time meet the diverse needs of processing the results.
- Design the simulation execution pipeline for exponential growth, with efficient resource utilization
- Integrate with other systems via message queues
- Collaborate with internal teams for requirements and API design
- Lead/own development of highly scalable features
- Communicate effectively with internal customers
- Ensure correctness and 24x7 stability of the entire system
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in coming up with high level design to meet user requirements
- Great communication skills
- Excellent Python skills
- Experience in designing and building complex data processing systems at scale with performance tuning
- Experience in operating a workload/workflow management system (e.g. Slurm, Apache Airflow/Beam/Flink)
- Experience in developing distributed systems using asynchronous communication (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis)
- Experience with data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark, MapReduce, AWS EMR)
- 8+ years of experience in a related field
- Knowledge in AWS, CI/CD tools, Kubernetes
- Experience with data storage and analytics systems (e.g. AWS RDS/DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Databricks)
- Experience with SQL and data warehouse
- Knowledge in object-oriented programming with languages (e.g. Java, Kotlin, C++)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $203,000 - $293,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.