As a Mechatronics Test Engineer on the Software Hardware in the Loop (HIL) team, you will be a key part of the testing infrastructure at Zoox. This is a multidisciplinary position, often combining knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and software systems. A primary focus for the Software HIL team is to develop test assets used company-wide to validate AI and machine learning algorithms. As a new member of the team, you will be mentored, and also given the opportunity to learn new skills ranging from C++ to full-stack web development.
- Design and develop test assets that use Hardware In the Loop. This entails working with ECUs (Electronic Control Units), and writing code that enables validation and verification of both hardware and software.
- As part of the Software HIL team, you will help monitor the growing number of test assets used at the company, as well as help define the technology roadmap for the group. Our team consists of experts and generalists, many of whom embrace a culture of learning and experimentation.
- BS or MS in Automotive, Aerospace, Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 3+ years of test engineering or system integration experience in the automobile, robotics, or aerospace industry
- Proficiency with Python and experience with Unix/Linux systems
- Strong communication and technical reporting skills.
- Proficiency with C++ or willingness to learn
- Prior experience with data acquisition systems
- Understanding of EV subsystems and powertrains
- Network protocols like CAN, LIN, and Ethernet
- Experience with design-build process, prototyping, and manufacturing
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $142,000 to $204,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.