This is a technical fellow role, reporting to the Director of Vehicle System Integration. You will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and managing the vehicle-level electrical architecture for Zoox's ground-up autonomous vehicle. You will have deep experience in power and communication networks and delivering results on a tight timeline.
You will work with engineering leaders across hardware, software, functional safety, field safety, infrastructure, and various suppliers to develop architecture, flag risks, drive delivery to vehicle milestones, solve launch issues, and communicate ongoing progress to the exec team.
At Zoox, we are all about delivering the future of mobility and relish the opportunity to innovate in all areas to deliver the best product for our riders. Join us if you want to lead a group of architects looking to move beyond the industry standard vehicle architectures and deliver what comes next.
- Subject matter expert for vehicle architecture
- Lead technical design of full vehicle electrical architecture, including both power and network design
- Identify and lead investigations into new technologies to drive better electrical system performance and optimized electrical architecture
- Provide architecture inputs early in the design cycle for the vehicle
- Work with the functional safety and field safety teams to identify and develop architecture requirements to support fail-operational and fail-safe fallbacks
- Drive the power budget to assure repeatable, reliable, and efficient power distribution for the vehicle
- Work closely with the harness and EE system teams to resolve issues that arise during the implementation phase of the program
- Lead a small group of engineers, and be responsible for the group’s strategy, productivity, and impact within the company
- Define key performance metrics for the team
- Partner closely with our leadership team in ensuring that our Zoox wide System Integration initiatives are aligned and progressing in an efficient manner
- Support key decisions working cross-functionally across HW and SW engineering
- Promulgate robust, repeatable, scalable, engineering processes - for the architecture team
- Identify and leverage tools to support the engineers with delivering on time, minimizing risk of errors, and reducing burden when changes occur
- BS or MS or Ph.D. in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience (EE, Mechatronics, Computer Science Engineering)
- 20+ years designing and delivering automotive electrical system level communication (CAN, LIN, Ethernet) and power distribution architectures
- Experience driving decision-making at various levels in an organization
- Strong track record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Ability to lead teams and work across multiple departments to deliver a well-integrated vehicle design
- Ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each audience
- Update job knowledge by remaining current on codes and requirements; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally when needed
- Automotive or aerospace experience
- Experience using Capital Logic, Zuken E3, or VeSys to create vehicle electrical diagrams
- Experience with high speed automotive electronics communication protocols (GMSL, A2B)
- USCAR Automotive Standards
- There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $212,000 to $365,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
- Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.