Zoox is looking for a systems engineer with a strong software development background to develop infrastructure and tests to verify the functional safety of the robot system. As a software engineer on the System Design and Mission Assurance (SDMA) team, you will collaborate closely with perception, embedded firmware, AI software and hardware engineers. Your efforts will have a direct impact on the safety of our cutting edge autonomous driving system. We are looking for people who are passionate about building quality, robust, optimized, and reusable software infrastructure.
- Develop test infrastructure and tests to verify functional safety requirements, measure coverage, and validate fault handling capabilities
- Develop error-injection and reporting tools for the Hardware-In-the-Loop infrastructure
- Collaborate with sensor engineers, perception software engineers, drive-firmware engineers, control engineers, and software engineers to ensure test implementation meets requirements and desired functionality
- Develop test pipeline for robot system validation
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Embedded Systems, or related disciplines
- Proficient in Python and C++
- 4+ years of work experience with integrated software/hardware verification and validation
- Proficiency developing verification/validation unified test frameworks
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Systems engineering experience certifying safety critical software across full development cycle
- Knowledgeable in physics of camera, radar, lidar, or inertial measurement systems
- Knowledgeable in vehicle systems - such as steering, brakes, localization, motor controls, CAN, and/or vehicle architectures
- System validation experience within standards such as: ISO-26262, ISO-21448, ARP4754A, ARP4761 (or other regulated fields such as medical devices or aerospace)
- Experience using requirements management tools such as Polarion, DOORS or Jama
- Experience in signal processing
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $155,000 to $220,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.