At Zoox, you’ll collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, machine learning, localization, computer vision, and simulation. You’ll master new technologies while working on code, algorithms, and research in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
You will be working at the forefront of Zoox audio architecture, enabling a number of audio-based interactions to enable our robot to navigate safely in busy urban streets. We are looking for an Audio Algorithms Engineer to join the Advanced Hardware Engineering team. In this role, you will be involved in developing and implementing audio algorithms that will enable our robots to hear. You will also collaborate with our Perception and Planner teams to seamlessly integrate your algorithms with the vehicle software stack.
- Minimum of 2 years of academic or industry experience in designing, choosing, and optimizing signal processing and machine learning algorithms related to audio and speech processing.
- Experience with machine learning techniques such as deep neural nets (DNN, CNN, LSTM-RNN) and traditional statistical modeling/feature extraction techniques (GMM, HMM, NMF / spectrograms, MFCC, etc) for voice recognition and audio event classification.
- Experience in development platforms such as Keras, Tensor Flow, PyTorch, and SensorRT Hands-on and theoretical background of signal processing techniques including adaptive filtering, filter banks, wavelet processing, speech analysis and synthesis, speech and audio coding.
- Experience in one or more areas related to speech recognition, acoustic echo cancellation and noise reduction, speech enhancement, and speech/audio coding and compression.
- Software development skills in C/C++, Python, and/or Matlab
- BS, MS or PhD in a relevant degree (CS/CE, EE, ME etc.)
- Experience in deploying ML algorithms in GPU/CUDA based systems
- Experience in system level end-to-end prototype design and characterization.
- Knowledge of ambisonics and 3D rendering algorithm development.
- Knowledge of acoustic design methods for speakers and microphones.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $139,000 to $227,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.