The Non-GMO Project contract auditor will conduct Non-GMO Project verification audits for SCS. The audits are primarily desk-based audits with the potential to complete virtual and/or on-site inspections if qualified and/or interested. The Non-GMO Project contract auditor is responsible for collecting all relevant compliance documentation and completing a checklist in accordance with the current version of the Non-GMO Project standard and SCS quality requirements. SCS is looking for a Non-GMO Project auditor with previous experience with the Non-GMO Project standard.
This is a contract position.
- Non-GMO Project (primary)
- SCS Gluten-Free (if interested/applicable)
- USDA Organic (if applicable)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct audits using applicable checklists, forms, and tools
- Maintain positive client relationships and respond to all client inquiries and concerns
- Adhere to all quality and code of conduct standards
- Submit complete and accurate checklists within established timelines
- Ensure thorough client records are maintained
- Experience with third-party auditing
- Excellent technical writing, observation, and data management skills
- Well-developed organizational skills, time management skills, and strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Database systems
- COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested to support client requirements, as needed. Your response is optional.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Agribusiness Management, Agricultural/Crop Sciences, Food Sciences, Range/Ecosystem Management, Plant/Soil Sciences
- Experience with Non-GMO Project auditing (either conducting audits for a Technical Administrator or managing the Non-GMO Project audit process on the production side)
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- This is an office-based job up to 100% of the time and a field position up to 10% of the time if conducting on-site inspections (not mandatory). Must be able to speak and listen in person and on the phone. If conducting on-site inspections, must be able to physically travel to audit sites via plane or car. Travel to audit sites requires the ability to stand, walk and carry up to 20 lbs. of equipment.
- The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.