Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment. Solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime.
Zoox is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, System Test Engineer to lead AI driving integration on autonomous vehicles. You will be responsible for supporting development testing efforts, including functional and regression testing. You will be leading the specification and execution of systems integration plans working with systems engineers, safety experts, and simulation engineers for driving features and AI integration deliverables.
- As a technical leader, you will focus on designing and developing test methodologies targeting the driving behavior of our software stack for autonomous vehicles.
- Help accelerate the diagnosis of AV behavior from Simulation and on-vehicle testing by designing tooling improvements and detailed documentation of processes.
- Work closely with Motion Planning, Perception, Prediction, and other Robotics teams to integrate your features and validate driving behavior for safety and comfort.
- Work closely with the Simulation tools development team to provide inputs on capabilities required by the test teams.
- Implement dashboards and progress-tracking reports to improve efficiency by adopting a metrics-based approach.
- You will have the opportunity to mentor and lead a team of SDETs and component-level test engineers to review feature design docs and implement data-driven decision-making for AI software quality.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or STEM-related field
- 7+ years of industry experience in testing complex software systems, or other modeling and simulation roles
- Experience in mission or safety-critical product development environments
- Experience with git, CI environments, Python, Jupyter, Linux based operating systems
- Experience with designing and implementing test strategies that scale across multiple test teams
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills
- Bonus qualification: Experience in robotics, autonomous vehicles, data-driven metrics development
CompensationThere are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $154,000 to $240,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.