What We Do Matters
Dashboard.Earth is a technology start-up working to drive citizen engagement in climate change adaptation. You will be joining us at an exciting and pivotal time. We have partnered with a leading Los Angeles foundation and other climate partners to release our MVP for testing. Our goal is to create a platform that will help engage LA residents to help the city reach its climate goals -- and ultimately expand to other cities throughout the world. You will be working with a small, passionate, fully remote team to tackle the largest challenge of our time. This is an exciting opportunity to put a novel app into the market at a tipping point in public awareness and engagement in climate. If you are looking to make a difference in that mission, keep reading!
The Role and Our Team
Dashboard.Earth is looking for a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to join our team to help build, maintain, and deploy our crowdsourcing climate action mobile app and our internal web application and backend. We work with trusted local partners to deliver restorative climate actions for the people and places they serve. You will also be responsible for growing the team, hiring impeccable talent, and aligning the engineering department with the growth needs of Dashboard.Earth.
As a leader on our engineering team, your will lead the evaluation of key architectural and solution design decisions with collaboration from department team members. Act as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Team player who enjoys providing mentoring and guidance to Dev team members and our product team.
- Voracious learner. You love diving into new areas and exploring new languages, frameworks, and technologies. You can discuss product with a UX designer one minute and deployment infrastructure with the team the next.
- You are passionate about your team, its growth, and adherence to best practices and collaboration.
- Value clear communication. You recognize the importance of clear communication, documented planning, and transparent, frequent feedback.
- Sweat the small stuff. You have strong opinions on design patterns, IDEs, and tabs vs. spaces—you understand that how you do one thing is how you do everything, so you care about the details.
- Provide hands-on technical and strategic direction to our mobile, web and REST API development teams
- Lead development and architecture that addresses web, mobile and back-end capabilities, including all instances where Dashboard.Earth interacts with our customers and internal partners
- Collaborate with Product, Partners, business leaders, technology teams, and digital marketing leaders to understand their concerns, priorities, and requirements; plan solutions; and develop business cases for technology investment
- Develop and publish models, roadmaps, knowledge repositories and other artifacts
- Operate transparently and collaboratively by regularly reporting on development and process status, and continually soliciting and responding to feedback from all levels of the organization
- Review designs, quality plans, and test results to ensure that our customer facing mobile application is sufficiently robust, stable, scalable, performant and compliant to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Design, implement and facilitate data-focused development and review processes
- Establish and lead communities of practice
- Mentor other developers on the team and help with creating engineering culture, continuous improvement, and clear career trajectories as the team grows.
- Provide strategic and technical direction for key partner relationships
- Write & review high-quality, performant code for a React Web Application and a React Native mobile app integrated with Expo, Apple AppStore, Firestore, Firebase Auth, and Firebase Cloud Functions
- Inform key product & infrastructure decisions with an eye toward scalability
- Collaborate with designers to implement pixel-perfect, eye-pleasing UIs
- Add analytics & monitoring to help understand our user experience & application health
- Contribute in many other ways to a scrappy founding team building the future of climate-focused residential awareness and carbon reduction.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working and designing relational databases, specifically PostgreSQL
- Minimum of 5 years experience with the AWS Ecosystem and managed services, CI/CD Build Pipelines, GitHub Actions, and creating/working with safe and repeatable deployment practices.
- Deep expertise with React Native, Expo and GraphQL. You know all the ins and outs of React Native/Expo/Firebase, are intimately familiar with deployment and release processes for Apple AppStore Connect (ios) and the Google Play Console (Android), and have an arsenal of favorite tools and libraries (e.g., GraphQL + Apollo, and more) you love to bring to projects you work on.
- Experience leading technical projects using modern Project Managment tools (Jira, Clickup)
- Experience working in an early-stage engineering team, working through ambiguity, and being a self-starter
- Experience with content management backend design, and familiarity with universal development patterns.
- A passion for helping people find meaningful work that works for them
- Marketing integration experience with Facebook, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, branch.io, customer.io
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7 - 10 year's experience in full stack development
Dashboard.earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are good at what you do and our mission speaks to you, please apply.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.