ABOUT GENERATE CAPITAL
Generate Capital has emerged as a leader in the high-growth sustainable infrastructure market, having built a highly differentiated investment and operating platform with a track record of strong risk-adjusted returns and significant, long-term institutional investor support. Our investment platform represents the only one-stop shop for pioneers of the Resource Revolution. Our infrastructure business wins by delivering the most affordable, reliable and sustainable resources to customers.
The last several decades have ushered in a dramatic rise in demand for natural resources like energy, water, food, and materials. The “Resource Revolution” is about doing more with less of our natural resources, a fundamentally economic proposition proving that sustainability pays. We believe that we can solve the world’s most pressing resource issues, not by reinventing the world, but by rebuilding it. While some focus on finding new and revolutionary tools, we rebuild resource systems with the high-impact, economic, and proven solutions we have today. As a result, customers, communities, innovators, developers, capital partners and the planet all win.
Up until now, new energy asset finance (a $300B annual market) has been dominated by larger-scale projects that tend to attract traditional capital sources. Generate Capital, on the other hand, is focused on being a capital partner to pioneering project developers and solution providers that are typically overlooked by traditional financiers for a variety of reasons: asset size, underwriting complexity, project duration and perceived risk. As a long-term investor with truly permanent capital, Generate Capital is the only credible long-term partner for these pioneers, and the best infrastructure provider for these resource customers.
With a $10B pipeline of projects, completed transactions totaling over $2.5B and a utility-like, pay as you go model (which we call Infrastructure-as-a-ServiceTM), Generate Capital has quickly established itself as a leader in the enormous markets of distributed energy, mobility, water and waste management.
What you can expect from us:
- The ability to truly “do well by doing good”; indeed, we really are changing the world
- An opportunity to help build a cutting edge, values-driven organization that is leading the Resource Revolution and redefining the economics of distributed, sustainable infrastructure
- The integration of our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels and with our many stakeholders
- An opportunity for entrepreneurship and leadership in building out and managing the company’s operational
infrastructure and the teams to support it
- A commitment to your professional development, ongoing learning opportunities, and overall growth as a person
- The ability to work with a team with decades of collective experience financing and managing billions of dollars of sustainable infrastructure, leading successful startups, and growing great people
- Competitive pay and benefits
ABOUT THE POSITION
You are a detailed-oriented, proactive, highly organized self-starter with a background in utility, commercial, and/or industrial construction management looking to further a career in construction/project management in the sustainable infrastructure field from the owner’s perspective. Direct experience with upcycle/anaerobic digestion/wastewater treatment/composting projects is highly preferred.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Construction Manager:
- Participate in contractor selection and contract
- Act as the Owner's Representative on a variety of projects by managing construction firms and engaging with consultants, engineers, and other project stakeholders
- Understand site-specific design details and support engineering review and required updates to the previously approved design and engineering plans
- Construction permitting
- Identify, track, manage, and report on project risks
- Manage all aspects of the construction agreements, including official notices, change orders, RFIs, pay applications, construction status updates, safety, milestone achievement, certificates, commissioning,
- Management of submittal/ shop drawing review/approval process.
- Attend Construction progress meetings
- Tightly manage Construction-level budgets and progress payments, which includes internal reporting and forecasting
- Management of formal Electrical/Mechanical/Functional Test Acceptance during commissioning and Handoff to Owner/Ops.
- Ensure project quality control by coordinating on-site inspections, coordinating with 3rd party providers if
- Act as the internal subject matter expert on all aspects of
- Update internal data systems and ensure all Construction-level documentation is accurate
- Coordinate after-action reviews/lessons learned/continuous improvement
- Assist with the development of internal operating policies, standards, and
- Communicate Construction progress, risks, and issues both internally and externally
- Manage relationships with all stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with company safety program
- Ensure appropriate closeout of projects and handover to Generate Asset Management Team
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- 7+ years’ experience in construction project management, with significant exposure to wastewater projects and/or anaerobic digestion and/or composting and respective technologies preferred.
- Familiarity with comprehensive CM software solutions (Procore, Submittal Exchange, or similar).
- Experience managing construction projects in concurrence with ongoing operating manufacturing/industrial processing operations
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills, and follow-through
- Strong written and oral communicator capable of “code switching” to meet the needs of a given situation
- Some knowledge of GAAP project accounting and basic finance concepts is preferred
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Prior exposure to Salesforce or other CRM helpful.
- A 4-year degree or equivalent work experience and certifications
- Relevant training and certifications such as prior/current trade OSHA10/30, PMP certifications are preferred
- Ability to manage multiple objectives simultaneously and prioritize appropriately
- Strong familiarity with construction codes
- Strong analytical skills
- Expertise in contract negotiations
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawing sets
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”