Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
The Enterprise Data Warehouse Engineer is an exceptional data professional with a proven track record of excellent problem-solving skills. The Enterprise Data Warehouse Engineer will work in a variety of settings to build data pipelines and extract information from various systems and convert it into usable information for business needs. The ideal candidate is an experienced data enthusiast, has worked with various databases, and enjoys developing and optimizing methods to rapidly deploy quality data products.
This team member will:
- Create and maintain end to end data pipeline products on serverless cloud data tech stack
- Assemble large, complex data sets and deploy them for reusable and rapid data pipeline deployment
- Create and maintain knowledge base documentation for data products
- Build analytical tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights to business users
- Utilize ETL software like Informatica and Talend to create and maintain data pipeline jobs
- Develop algorithms to transform data into useful, actionable information
- Develop data jobs which enable central and open CFS Data Warehousing/Data Lake/Data Mesh solutions
- Create needed data validation methods and data analysis tools
- Ensure compliance with data governance and security policies adopted at CFS
- Develop big data solutions using cloud technologies such as AWS EMR and GCP BigQuery
- Perform all other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field or equivalent experience in data engineering.
- Exceptional technical knowledge of cloud agnostic data pipeline tools and technologies
- Proven experience as a data engineer in a fast paced, dynamic and growing environment
- Experience with designing and building data pipelines using specialized languages such as R, SQL, Python and C
- Experience with ETL tools
- Knowledge of relational bases
- AWS and GCP certification
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills
- Have attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to provide updates on Applications and projects status
- Have an agile mindset to provide solutions quickly with an incremental value to customers
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience with integration tools
- Experience as data analyst/business analyst
- Experience as a database administrator is welcome
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs occasionally
- Perform activities such as typing, standing, and sitting, for extended periods of time
- Working with appropriate PPE in the presence of hazards such an exposure to heat,
- Willingness to travel occasionally
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.