Zoox’s Operational Tools team is responsible for building the software that allows Zoox to operate our ever expanding fleet of prototype robo-taxis and research vehicles. This is an extremely broad scope encompassing everything from low level CAN debugging tools through to high level fleet management systems. Central to this role is being able to balance the needs of today -- accelerating Zoox’s ability to reach AI milestones on the road to full autonomy -- with the needs of the future: providing tooling, and designing workflows to facilitate the operation of a commercial robo-taxi service. In this role, you will lead the software engineering team responsible for developing tools and workflows for Zoox’s autonomous vehicles. You will work with engineers across the company and will collaborate closely with a team of product managers and designers to make these interfaces elegant, intuitive and powerful.
- Translating requirements into design elements and coherent user interfaces
- Implementing mock-ups and interaction prototypes as part of an iterative design process
- Supporting multiple interfaces and use cases for diverse sets of users from a common set of components
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience developing UI/UX software applications with complex workflows
- Experience leading an 5-10+ software engineers
- Experience taking ideas from inception to delivery
- Strong knowledge of usability engineering as well as navigation, interaction, and graphic design
- Experience with HTML/CSS and at least one modern JS framework: Vue, Angular, or React
- Solid understanding of web servers and web technologies
- Experience with system design & architecture
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Robotics or automotive experience
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Python
- Experience with AWS or database services such as ElasticSearch, Redis or PostgreSQL
- Experience with distributed systems, telemetry, or cloud platforms
- Experience with embedded or IoT hardware such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $203,000 to $293,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.