Earth Angel is the East Coast’s leading environmental consulting company for the entertainment industry. Since 2011, Earth Angel has diverted over 3,200 tons of on-set waste from landfills, donated over 105 tons of excess materials to local charities, and prevented the use of 1.7 million single-use plastic water bottles. Earth Angel is more than just a consultant, we are a movement that constantly strives toward more sustainable film and television practices every day. Past productions include: Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Amazon Studio’s The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, CBS Television’s Madam Secretary, Showtime’s Billions, Steven Spielberg's The Post, and more.
The Eco Rep is the production’s go-to on-set sustainability representative. Together with the Eco Coordinator and Supervisor, they make up the team that is responsible for both monitoring and reducing the show’s carbon footprint. The key to a successful sustainability campaign on set is having a physical presence to educate crew and assist with the everyday practicalities of running an eco-friendly set. Opportunities available for full-time or day playing.
Earth Angel is looking for Eco Representatives local to the Wilmington, North Carolina area who would be available for a full-time production with an estimated start in early August, 2023.
- Setting up and breaking down all waste stations for all streams (recycling, compost, waste to landfill, other specialty recycling bins)
- Maintaining zero waste systems by manually sorting waste into proper receptacles (gloves and grabbing tools provided)
- Educating crew about sustainability initiatives
- Collecting waste data by weighing and recording bags of compost, recycling, and landfill
- Preventing overflow of receptacles by regularly changing bags
- Coordinating daily food donations with catering and non-profit partner/local volunteer organization
- Long form productions (Film and TV): $225-250/day
- Short form productions (Commercials and Events): $250/day-$300/day
- All Eco Reps have 12 hours guaranteed and the rate is dependent on the production.
- Able to work long hours (12 hours per day minimum)
- Willing to get hands dirty
- Hardworking and comfortable with manual labor
- Friendly, positive attitude
- Reliable and punctual
- Passion for the environment
- Flexible availability (occasional overnight and weekend work may occur)
- Proven ability at meeting deadlines, effective communication skills
- Tech savvy
- Basic recycling/composting knowledge
- Basic set knowledge/etiquette
- Able to drive
- Preferably able to drive a Cargo Van
Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.