Zoomo is the world’s leading provider of e-bikes for delivery, we’re a fast-growing start-up with operations in the US, UK, France, Spain, Germany, and Australia. We’ve raised >US$95m and are a trusted partner to some of the world’s most innovative companies including Uber, Doordash, Gorillas and Getir. And now we’re looking for more passionate self-starters to grow with us.
At Zoomo, we’re pedalling hard for net-Zero, and our vision is to transition every urban delivery mile to light-electric vehicles. The world is shifting to on-demand delivery and we’re providing the wheels to make it happen.
Expect to join a fast-paced and supportive environment where opportunities are unlimited and your career development is our priority.
What We’re Looking For
Do you love complex problems, making people's life easier, and directly enabling the transition to more sustainable modes of transport? We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to join Zoomo’s software team, with a focus on making our internal and customer-facing software applications easier, more efficient, and more enjoyable to use. If you are dedicated to user experience, love solving problems and value variety, this is a great opportunity for you.
As a Senior Product Designer on the Zoomo software team, you'll work with a cross-functional group of designers, engineers, and product managers to define, build, and continuously improve the software applications that both Zoomo internal team members and our customers use every day to operate our industry-leading commercial light electric vehicle fleet.
Your mission will be to deliver high-quality end-to-end experiences our customers love. You'll improve the core experiences across our software products, including designing for applications across desktop/web, iOS, and Android platforms. You'll focus on how we can increase our customer's satisfaction, improve the efficiency of mission-critical workflows, and deliver high impact software features for Zoomo and our customers.
About The Role:
- At a department level, you’ll collaborate with other designers, product managers, technical leads, and Zoomo’s leadership team to help define the future of Zoomo’s software products. You'll have a large amount of ownership and autonomy across the entire design process; rather than just designing individual features, you'll determine the experience of an exciting and critical area of our business.
- At a squad level, you’ll take full ownership of software product design in both the discovery and delivery stages. You’ll collaborate with product management from the very early stages to find the right problem to tackle, explore ideas for how to solve it, and then refine it into a coherent solution.
- Lead design research activities to uncover customer experience insights and collaborate with engineering and product management teams. Along the way, you’ll validate assumptions through sketching and prototyping and use your deep understanding of users and customers to design and ship great software products.
- Participate in design reviews across squads to help define and evolve Zoomo’s software design system and patterns to meet the needs of our growing ecosystem of software applications.
- Engage with other designers to help define high standards and consistent processes for product design deliverables and cross-functional collaboration, and actively participate in knowledge sharing across software and hardware design teams to promote best practices and consistency across our diverse product lines.
- Mentor junior designers in their career progression.
- 5+ years of professional UX/software product design experience, having designed complex or enterprise-level software
- Demonstrated track record of driving a user-centered design process to tackle complex customer problems in a startup environment.
- Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize feedback, facilitate design discussions, and bring stakeholders with you on the design journey.
- Be open to the iterative design process – always sketching, showing work in progress, validating with customers and data, iterating, shipping, learning, and growing
- 5+ years of experience conducting and applying customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modelling
- The ability to see the whole user experience, not only the part you're working on, and have as much skill in identifying what needs to be removed, as you do in suggesting what can be added
- Dedicated to clearly defining projects and measures of success, testing your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- Excited to work with stakeholders across a truly global business (including willingness to participate in calls across multiple timezones, and occasional international travel for in-person user research in the UK/EU and United States).
- You know how to prioritize ruthlessly and handle responsibilities for a wide number of projects – focusing your attention on the areas that matter most and taking ownership of deliverables and outcomes.
- You like to move quickly, and aren’t afraid of fast growth and rapid change.
At Zoomo, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunities. We offer you the chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunities for personal development, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a mission driven company and make a difference in people’s lives.
- Competitive Salary + Equity Options
- Flexible working hours
- Tech Allowance and Monthly Wellbeing Allowance
- Pet-Friendly Sydney HQ
- Zoomo eBike
Zoomo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Even if you don't think you tick all the boxes, but believe that you have the skills and capabilities to make an impact, we'd love to hear from you.