Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people ...View Company Profile
Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emit more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities that are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our launch product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
We are looking for…
This is a very active role whose responsibilities will continue to change as the company evolves. As the Senior Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer, you will play a vital role ensuring continuity within our contract manufacturing supply base. In collaboration with our Global Planning and Supply Chain teams, you’ll work with our suppliers to ensure supply continuity and vendor improvement.
The ideal Senior Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer candidate will have demonstrated experience in supporting manufacturing of sheet metal, injection molded plastics, wire harnesses and/or product packaging in an ISO 9001 environment.
- Iterate and improve upon existing product designs using knowledge gained through prototype testing.
- Provide manufacturing transfer support through successful and sustained project launch.
- Responsible for identifying failures and researching failure analysis techniques to improve product quality and reliability.
- Develop, record and perform various failure analysis on systems and components to identify root cause.
- Establish root cause failure analysis techniques, processes and test methods
- Develop and manage methods for tracking product performance trends based on failure analysis results
- Apply statistical tools to analyze data and drive problem resolution
- Analyze failure reports and recommend corrective action to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- Interact with our Design Engineers and process development engineers to assist in corrective actions and kaizen events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applied science or related mechanical engineering field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Background in consumer goods, high volume manufacturing, and/or product development engineering preferred. Exceptional problem-solving skills; experience untangling problems to identify root cause
- Experience with injection molded plastics, die cut metals, wire harnesses
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across engineering disciplines
- Experience with GD&T
- 3+ years of IPC 620 class 1, 2, or 3
- Agility in working with cross-functional teams; effective in communicating technical concepts to non-technical people and translating their concerns to engineering impact
- Prior experience designing products/equipment/tooling/fixtures for devices with high throughput.
- Fluency in solid modeling and engineering drawing creation using Solidworks or similar program
- Experience running GR&R
- Familiar with failure analysis tools, techniques, and processes
- Strong organizational and time management instincts; able to coordinate resources to meet deadlines in the context of competing priorities and projects; ability to work well under pressure
- Flexibility to travel up to 25% when we can travel safely
- Masters Degree
- LabVIEW Certified Developer
- HVAC industry knowledge
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Professional Development Stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.