Patch is the platform scaling unified climate action, empowering companies of any size to help rebalance the planet while advancing their business initiatives. We provide pathways to do so through the purchase of vetted carbon credits, via one-time direct purchases, recurring multi-year offtake agreements, or an API that can connect any product experience to climate action.
Only Patch democratizes access to the broadest selection of carbon credits across a wide range of technology types, methodologies and price points. By combining enterprise-grade technology with impartial project scrutiny and transparency across each stage of the credit purchase, brands as wide-ranging as Bain & Company, Route, and Afterpay trust Patch to help them take meaningful climate action while engaging their customers. In turn, project developers driving positive climate action are able to rapidly scale their solutions at the critical pace the planet requires.
We're an experienced team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business working on one of the most important missions the world needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Energize, and more. We are founded by the same team who helped take hospitality tech company, Sonder, from 0 to $2 billion.
We're looking for rockstar business development representative (BDR) to generate new opportunities for Patch. As a BDR, you will be the first point of contact between Patch and our customers, helping them start their journey to carbon zero.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the GTM and BD leads to identify new business sectors to target and align on on prospecting strategy.
- Conduct market research to uncover needs within each industry vertical or business segment.
- Build list of target prospects, create and execute the outreach strategy (i.e. campaign content, follow up sequence, objection handling).
- Act as the main point of contact for Patch customers, representing customer' needs to the greater Patch team.
- Launch high impact campaigns to entice prospective clients to meet with you.
- Qualify leads to uncover business objectives and needs.
- Facilitate a positive, customer-obsessed experience throughout all team and customer collaborations.
Who You Are:
- Proven track-record of organizing and meeting weekly campaign and prospecting targets.
- Experienced building data-driven narratives that are relevant and engaging to new prospects.
- Stay apprised of new information relating to industry trends and customer pain points.
- Continuously learning about new industries, technologies, and strategies.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with adverse challenges to tackle.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in english.
- Eager to contribute to Patch’s carbon removal mission.
- Currently located and able to work out of the United States or Canada.
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Remote-first, asynchronous work culture
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The base salary for this role if filled within the United States is $42,000 + Commission. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, location and some role-dependent factors.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.