Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emit more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities that are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our launch product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
The QC Specialist will be responsible for inspecting production parts to accurately measure products to drawing specifications and standards. This position will also assist with other quality programs (i.e., Supplier non-conformance reports, Supplier Change Request) and interact across all departments as needed.
- Checking that the production line adheres to standard specifications/measurements
- Reviewing specifications of sub-assemblies & finished goods
- Recording inspection results by completing reports, summarizing data, and inputting data into shared drive
- Training the production team on quality control measures to improve product excellence
- Proposing improvements to the production process (all aspects of the operation)
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting unacceptable materials
- Work with a QC team to meet production deadlines
- Perform monthly calibrations of in-house tools (i.e., calipers, micrometers, etc)
- Develops and implements supplier quality evaluation and control systems.
- Assures supplier process and product quality, including contractual, regulatory, and technical compliance.
- Drives root cause corrective action analysis for supplier quality issues.
- Manages implementation of Supplier Quality processes, including supplier approval activities, and sourcing selection evaluations
- Self-starter, seeks opportunities to improve processes, part quality, and overall efficiency
- Bachelors in an Engineering or Technical Science discipline is preferred, but may accept relevant job experience in lieu of degree
- B.S with 3-5 years of experience
- Able to read and interpret prints and drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills are necessary to provide QC guidance & Priority
- Proficient in the use of GD&T and measurement tools
- Solid foundation in quality concepts with the ability to work within the quality systems
- Strong English communication skills including technical writing skills and willingness to train others
- Must be able to write clear and detailed records and documents (inspection reports & NC write-ups)
- Ability to work independently, stay focused, and perform in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail is essential
- Project management, time management, and leadership skills are needed to ensure that all factors come together to support production and meet shipment due dates
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 is a plus
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Professional Development Stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.