Aspiration is in the business of fighting the climate crisis. We help people and businesses build sustainable impact into what they do every day by making it easy, automated, and powerful -- whether it is in the ways people spend and save their money or the ways businesses engage their customers and employees. Across our initiatives--from our debit and credit cards to our global scale reforestation and carbon credit projects--the estimated cumulative climate impact of the Aspiration community thus far is the equivalent of taking every car in the state of Wyoming off the road for a year. With more than 7 million members, over $550 million in funding to date, and a commitment to plant one billion trees by 2030, Aspiration is not only a certified B Corporation but has been named to the “Best for the World” list of the top five percent of highest scored certified B Corporations five times in a row.Our Core Values are Aspiration’s guiding principles: Action
: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.Boldness
: We don’t tinker, we transform.Customer-Centered
: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.Diligence & Dedication
: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.Entrepreneurial
: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
As a leader on the Business Development team, you will help us expand and scale our booming enterprise sustainability business. You will join a company at the intersection of climate-impact and financial services that is uniquely positioned to structure and deploy carbon financing at unprecedented scale towards the highest impact projects around the world. Your client-facing experience, deep corporate sales relationships, and passion for collaborating with businesses to achieve ambitious climate goals will help us accelerate our efforts to protect and restore our planet and provide sustained benefits to communities that need our support now.
What You'll Do
- Source and drive new business from your existing client network through sophisticated sales, client management and networking. Manage and generate value from the ecosystem of enterprises already in Aspiration’s orbit.
- Craft compelling pitches that tailor our carbon portfolio and other sustainability solutions to the climate targets and objectives of each enterprise.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Services and Sustainability teams to onboard new clients and ensure flawless delivery. Continue driving revenue and impact from each partner you manage.
- Develop and execute strategies that enable us to efficiently reach enterprises at scale through alliances with organizations that have strong enterprise networks, such as our strategic partnerships with Deloitte and CAA.
- Identify new opportunities to monetize, productize and drive climate impact through our portfolio of premium carbon projects, including our proprietary nature-based carbon removal program.
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years of revenue-generating business development experience including sales of enterprise products (e.g., carbon credits, commodities, CPG, power trading, etc.).
- Experience in the sustainability space required
- Established network of global enterprises from prior business development experiences.
- Understanding of climate target setting strategies and organizations (e.g. SBT, CDP, net zero, carbon neutrality) and the business drivers behind corporate climate action.
- Pulse on the global carbon market including trends, supply/demand dynamics, key players, and emerging technologies.
- Strong leadership skills, a highly collaborative spirit, and experience working cross-functionally.
- Good vibes, curiosity, tenacity, flexibility and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment -- you’ll be joining a very fun, high-growth startup!
What You'll Get
Aspiration is proud to be an ESG company. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity at Aspiration is not just compliance-driven. Diversity is our compass to drive equitable practices; to celebrate individuality; and to foster the uniqueness within each of us that makes our products, services, and culture better than most. Yes, we are proud to be a DEI company and we encourage everyone, inside and outside of Aspiration, to show up as you are and as you want to be, every day.
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm.
- Opportunity to be part of and to contribute to ESG, as a steward of social and environmental change.
- Participation opportunities in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employee activities and events
- Robust benefit offerings, including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
- Parental Leave expansion (12 weeks of paid leave over the course of a year)
- Pet Insurance and other voluntary benefit plan offerings
- Unlimited vacation time and 80 hours of sick time annually
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Work from home setup and equipment reimbursement
- Semi - annual performance reviews
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
This organization participates in E-Verify. Find more information here