Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
The Senior Director, Federal Affairs will drive the strategic planning and engagement efforts for Form Energy’s federal policy team. As an industry expert and seasoned government affairs leader, you will develop plans, policies, and relationships to liaise with federal government agencies and Congress to successfully influence regulatory and legislative outcomes that support and enable the goals of Form Energy.
Reporting to the VP of Policy & Regulatory Affairs, you will use your years-long vision alongside a tactical mindset to advocate for the company’s positions to Congress and federal agencies, including creating and developing excellent working relationships with policymakers, energy and utility leaders, and other critical stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
- Craft creative federal affairs strategies, in concert with the VP of Policy & Regulatory Affairs, the Senior Development Director, the Director of State Policy, Director of Market Design and with other organizations at Form
- Continuously monitor potential and pending legislation and policy developments, and identify company strategy to engage and advocate with relevant stakeholders as needed
- Advocate for company interests to Congress and cabinet members, including establishing effective relationships with individuals on Capitol Hill, at federal agencies, trade groups, and other partners
- Collaborate with Form’s commercial and product teams to ensure objectives are supported and advanced by our federal affairs
- Lead engagement and advocacy vis-a-vis trade associations
- Recruit and mentor team members and external partners
- Champion a positive, collaborative, blameless, open and generous culture
What You'll Bring:
- Recognized expert with at least 10+ years of experience in government affairs in the energy storage industry or clean energy sector
- Demonstrated ability to set policy strategy and hit key milestones for growing organizations
- Capitol Hill and / or federal agency experience is a must
- A track record of clear legislative and regulatory outcomes
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with federal agencies, including organizational structure, process, and policy objectives
- Ability to coordinate work by multiple teams within the company to produce a world class work product under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, including the capacity to supervise and drive multiple cross-functional work streams simultaneously
- Expert communicator capable of engaging with a range of audiences that span technical analysts and high-level policy-makers and the ability to shape complex, multi-discipline documents for specific audiences
- Flexibility and adaptability, and an ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about energy system decarbonization
- An experienced mentor and team builder, and a generous team player who collaborates well with diverse teams and is excited to act as a senior individual contributor, with the potential to build out a best-in-class team
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.