Want to join a high growth technology company and help combat climate change? Read on...our pitch to you
Make an impact broader than you ever thought possible by combining your LCA expertise with technology to help decarbonize the consumer products industry. You'll be driving Bluebird's proprietary algorithms built on LCA methodology, giving consumer brands the ability to prevent carbon emissions for the first time.
We can promise impact, no dull days, flexible time to live the life you want(!), and a team that cares deeply about each other, the climate, and our users. And yes, the standard goodies like generous equity, adventure-compatible health insurance, time-off, etc.who we are
We’re Bluebird, a climate tech company that’s in business to decarbonize the consumer products industry. We’re building a new way to design supply chains, which has enabled brands like Ritual, Glossier, Versed, and Beautycounter to decrease carbon emissions in their products by upwards of 75% in 1/100th of the time. In other words, we give product developers, ops managers, and marketers superpowers to decarbonize their products.
We’re accelerating hiring to meet inbound demand and are building our growth, engineering, LCA, and operations teams. That’s why we’re excited to talk to you!
Our team is located across the country and comes together from the intersection of technology, consumer brands, supply chains, and sustainability, with experience from Dropbox, Patagonia, Unilever, Glossier, Flatiron Health, Google, and Spotify.
what you'll do
- Be the internal LCA expert who owns our product sustainability assessment methodology in alignment with carbon accounting and circularity standards (i.e. ISO 14064 and 14067, GHG Protocol, PAS 2060, How2Recycle, Cradle2Cradle)
- Continuously improve accuracy and actionability of Bluebird's platform in alignment with user feedback so brands can confidently reduce carbon emissions & waste as they bring products to market
- Adopt LCA data model to accommodate new types of products & additional stages of the supply chain
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and sustainability operations teams to assist with data model implementation
- Maintain public-facing communications regarding our methodology
what we expect you to have (or to learn fast)
- Significant experience with life cycle assessment processes and methodologies, ideally focused on product-level environmental footprint measurement
- Deep understanding of product, packaging, and formula and their corresponding tradeoffs on carbon emissions and circularity
- A proclivity for making decisions and taking action
- A flexible mindset when approaching carbon & circularity measurement. While you know what the gold standard is for accurate measurement, you are creative and scrappy in developing ways to handle limitations
- Consumer goods and/or apparel industry experience and understanding of product development and supply chains
- Excellent data handling and maintenance skills, including sourcing and structuring data that is not always readily available; Excel proficiency is a must, other data analysis or visualization technology experience (e.g. Python) is a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly with others who are not experts
- Flexibility in operating in fast-paced environments with evolving priorities; startup experience is a plus!
If you're someone that identifies as a woman or an underrepresented minority, we know that this is about the point in reading this post where you'll talk yourself out of applying (especially if you don't check every box above). Put a pin in that thought! We want to hear from you.
We strive to be generous vs. the market with compensation, as we know our people are our most valuable asset. As one of our earliest hires, you'll be compensated with a combination of salary and stock options — both of which are at levels you can expect as a make-or-break member of the team. You'll also have access to:- Generous health insurance option that help you plug into nature (if that's your thing)- Work from anywhere in the US- Flexible time (we're output oriented, not face time oriented!)- Limitless opportunity for impact on the company, users, and climatediversity, equity, and inclusion at bluebird
Bluebird embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the more impactful and successful our work will be. So, as long as you're a person, we encourage you to come as you are.a bit about how we work togethercommunicate with transparency and positive intent.
We know that shared context is the foundation for good decisions. We bring others along in our thinking and document our learnings, decisions, and context for those who need time to process or aren't in the room. We actively share opinions and feedback with the intent of strengthening our decisions and those around us. We assume positive intent and see each other as allies in our personal growth.be human, in and out of work.
We're a coalition of climate problem solvers, bringing together a variety disciplines and backgrounds towards a common purpose. This means we have different interest, strengths, and idiosyncrasies. We embrace this by bringing our full selves to work and also recognizing work isn't life. We protect time for family and developing passions so we can be the three-dimensional humans we want to be.learn fast.
We live and die by our ability to learn quickly. We do what it takes to evolve our understanding of reality quickly and avoid getting married to ideas & dogma.be resourceful.
We proactively identify issues and take the initiative to solve the ones that matter most. We are scrappy & creative in our pursuit of delivering value to our customers, and we know when to get something out the door vs. when to focus on building a solid foundation.approach with humble curiosity
. Being right isn't the most important thing. When we think we're right, we're still open to being wrong. When we're wrong, it's not a referendum on personal worth or identity. We actively seek alternate viewpoints and hire for different backgrounds. Brilliant jerks need not apply!focus on impact & outcomes.
We work with urgency because we're in the business of helping combat climate change. Impact, the ultimate outcome of our work, is at the root of all decisions we make. We care about our work output & the outcome of that work, not the hours of face time or effort we put in.