Scale Microgrid Solutions
Scale Microgrid Solutions (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean ...View Company Profile
Project Finance Associate
We are looking for a Project Finance Associate to support the structuring, negotiation and execution of Scale’s various project financing facilities and documents. This is a great role for someone looking to join a fast-growing PE backed business. This role will report to our Chief Investment Officer and take direction from the Director of Capital Markets. The role is based in New York City with travel required to the Ridgewood, NJ headquarters.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support closing and on-going funding processes, including coordinating reviews and approvals across multi-functional teams, to bring the transaction to financial close under tight timeframes
- Assist in the structuring, negotiating and executing project financing documents, including debt, tax equity, derivatives and asset acquisition
- Synthesize and model terms of construction loans, tax equity bridge loans, and sponsor equity with back-leverage loans in tax equity partnership structures
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and structure solutions to advance the project execution and investment, including but not limited to deal counsel, appraisers, independent engineers, market and insurance consultants
- Implement quality assurance and quality control of relevant inputs to such models
- Propose and implement relevant sensitivity analysis for investment opportunities
- Advise internal stakeholders in understanding appropriate risk allocation and compatibility of terms and conditions of various project contracts with existing and pending financing arrangements
- Review project documentation and third-party reports, including PPAs, financing term sheets and agreements, IE reports, etc., and accurately integrate assumptions into financial models
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant project finance experience either with a developer or commercial bank in renewable energy or power energy/power/utilities
- Financial modelling skills coupled with good conceptual, strategic, and analytical thinking skills
- Familiarity with legal documents and banking arrangements inherent in project financing
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of financial markets including interest rate conventions, interest rate derivatives
- MBA and/or CFA preferred
This is a great opportunity to have a long-term impact on a fast paced, private equity backed growth business. Some of the core virtues embraced by Scales’ employees include:
- Do the Right Thing
- Act Like An Owner
- Demand Results
- Go Together
- Evolve or Disappear
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program including medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K matching.
About Scale Microgrids
Scale Microgrids (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean energy solutions. Through its leading technical expertise and access to scale capital, Scale helps its customers transition to a decentralized energy future by providing and financing sustainable, cost-effective, and resilient power solutions. Scale has its own proprietary microgrid solution which provides customer with cheaper, cleaner and more reliable power, and also partners with third party developers to acquire and/or finance a broader range of distributed energy assets.
We raised $500MM from Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing, to fund our business plan and accelerate growth. We are growing quickly and looking to augment the team with highly motivated entrepreneurial talent.
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm with nearly $60 billion in assets under management (AUM). Its active portfolio of more than 180 companies around the globe is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. Warburg Pincus is a growth investor and an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. To learn more about Warburg Pincus, please visit https://www.warburgpincus.com/.
Scale strives to attract and retain a workforce that reflects the composition of our customer base and communities. We are committed to providing a work environment that provides everyone equal access and opportunity to contribute and drive meaningful outcomes. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.