We're looking for a strong engineering tech lead and people manager to design and operate end-to-end hardware processes that produce high-quality data for Zitara’s machine learning model training and algorithms testing. The ideal candidate will be someone who takes initiative, has an intuition for continuous improvement of lab workflow and processes, and has a strong command of high-volume electromechanical design and manufacturing principles.
- Provide technical leadership for the test engineering team, whose responsibilities include test plan development, fixture design and implementation, and test execution
- Identify engineering solutions that improve efficiency, safety, consistency, and throughput in the lab
- Collaborate cross-functionally across hardware, software, and science/ML teams to define systems for lab automation, and continuous model/algorithm development and improvement
- Lab facilities and equipment planning and management, including expansion projects aimed at both increasing capacity and adding new test capabilities. Longer term, hire and manage a lab/facilities manager + technician team to support expansion.
- Develop and enforce lab safety and workflow practices around high voltage / high power testing Manage a team of lab test engineers and support their growth
- Communicate technical matters, schedule considerations, deliverables, and needs to cross-functional teams
- 5+ years working in a hardware or mechanical engineering role
- Prior management experience
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Understanding of data analysis methods
- Practical experience with basic fabrication tools (hand tools, small power tools, etc.) and electrical test equipment (power supplies, multimeters, battery testers, etc.)
- High attention to detail and self-motivation
- Familiarity with lithium-based battery technologies and charging requirements
- Electrical safety and high voltage lab experience
- Basic knowledge of python, writing scripts, networking, etc.
What We Offer
- Full-time position, standard hours, on-site
- Competitive pay • Health, Dental, and Vision care for you and your family
- 401K savings plan
- “Unlimited PTO” vacation policy
- Excellent colleagues that are interested in your happiness and growth