Position: Operations Ninja / Project Manager
The way we heat/cool our homes, power our vehicles, and cook our meals is antiquated: we take for granted that we use fossil fuels in homes to keep them comfortable and healthy. There is a better way.
Elephant Energy is a venture-funded business, building a next generation home comfort & electrification platform that helps homeowners get clean, safe, and affordable technologies for their homes and vehicles. We are growing quickly, supported by the ever increasing demand from customers for more comfortable homes. This is an exciting opportunity to join at the ground floor and shape how we deploy home comfort and home electrification.
The Project Manager / Ops Ninja will split their time between managing electrification projects in the field and special ops projects centered around helping us design, develop, implement, and manage scalable systems and processes to meet rapid growth.
To succeed at Elephant Energy, you must be energetic, organized, and hard working. You have a passion for building projects and making things better. You will be accountable for the success of internal and external projects. You embrace a team ethic and are capable of being self-directed to solve challenging problems to ensure a successful customer journey.
Location: Denver Metro Area with a slight preference for Boulder
As a Project Manager you will:
- Oversee the successful delivery of home comfort and electrification projects - You are accountable for the entire project scope, the project team and resources, the project budget, and the success or failure of the project.
- Lead planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing out projects.
- Understand & articulate project goals, develop reasonable project schedules, coordinate scheduling with contractor partners, manage homeowner expectations, and keep all stakeholders aligned and informed.
- Develop and execute detailed processes and task lists; use best practices and tools to efficiently track, delegate, and ensure completion.
- Monitor project risks and develop/implement mitigation strategies in real time.
As an Ops Ninja you will:
- Identify opportunities to deliver an even better experience for all stakeholders - homeowners, contractor-partners, suppliers, etc.
- Improve our internal Project Playbook including key processes around customer acquisition, contractor-partner onboarding, customer and contractor operations, supply chain, and new market entry.
- Rigorously make our systems and processes better, more efficient, and more scalable; implement business process automation, as required with our Ops Builder team
About You (General Requirements)
- 2-5 years experience in project management, operations, manufacturing, consulting, or similar, preferably in energy, construction, or manufacturing fields
- You have a toolkit of project management skills and are passionate for continuous improvement in operations.
- You’re a business generalist - capable of handling a wide range of situations and conversations, including building cross-functional relationships, creative problem solving, leading internal initiatives, and communicating effectively in written and verbal forms.
- You adhere to realistic timelines and are an expert at managing competing priorities.
- You’re passionate about changing the world via home comfort and clean, energy-efficient technology.
- You’re a builder, a go-getter, a genuine self-starter; you get stuff done and promptly.
- You’re outgoing, warm, and feel confident chatting with new people.
- You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations (and meets them).
- You know a little about a lot - Energy, Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Process, etc.
- You appreciate the importance of giving and receiving thoughtful feedback.
- You can deal with and manage significant levels of ambiguity, appropriate to our startup realities.
- You have a commitment to building a diverse, equitable workplace and seek to make our company more inclusive.
Nice to Have (Pluses)
- Working knowledge of or interest in building science, electrification, construction, or the trades
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, math, or similar
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment and is passionate about impacting sustainable change in the future of energy.
- Ground floor opportunity with high growth potential
- Generous benefits package including Health Care and 401K
- Stock / Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO) / Open vacation policy
- Remote work
- Start Up environment
- People driven culture
- Pay commensurate with experience; Salary range $70 -110k
- Stock / Equity options
To apply: Send resume and an email describing your interest in working together to firstname.lastname@example.org; Subject: Ops Ninja / Project Manager