About the Role
As Head of Finance, you will own and actively manage an emerging set of functions, leveraging existing internal and external resources while defining and nurturing additional Finance functions over time. You will help professionalize existing processes at a rapidly growing company, establish new tools and processes as the need arises, and will generally always ensure a foundation for one to two subsequent levels of company scale beyond today.
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Lead financial planning and forecasting process (headcount, sales, etc) and budget development
- Lead implementation, including departmental-level budget reporting
- Own unit economics, inform key metrics development and active management
- Understand and analyze the levers that drive the company’s long-term financial trajectory
- Lead revenue reporting and mapping (ARR, ACV, TCV, etc)
- Oversee accounting function
- Operational Reporting, Tools, & Process Management
- Work closely with Chief of Staff and Operations functions to tightly align, measure, and report out company KPIs and financial metrics
- Design and implement team-specific performance metrics and identify growth opportunities
- Operationalize quarterly and annual reporting, including defining the roles, responsibilities, and mechanics for underlying needs in:
- Tax and audit
- Treasury/cash management
- Develop financial controls, and implement tools/systems including:
- Corporate credit card/payment program
- Purchase requests and expense approval process management
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- Fundraising & Investor Relations
- Own fundraising model and support deck development
- Collaborate with CEO/CTO on fundraising strategy
- Support investor outreach and relations, including helping prepare BoD materials and fulfilling financial reporting requirements
- You enjoy - working closely with senior leadership on an ongoing basis to evolve overall strategy, helping to evaluate risks and strategic scenarios, and providing knowledge of financial drivers, risks, sensitivities, trade-offs, and opportunities.
- You know how to structure, build, and maintain complex financial models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations, all while supporting M&A and corporate development activities.
- You’ve had operational experience working with early-stage companies through their growth trajectory.
- You thrive working with others, and can effectively partner with teams to develop financial models and budget, and to enforce financial and budgetary controls.
- You’re excited about quantifying short- and long-term implications of emerging product strategy and roadmap (e.g. new product introduction) and of special opportunities (e.g. U.S. government grants and funding)
- You’re willing to provide interim leadership and support to new functions or strategic priorities (e.g. new partnerships)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in both:
- Investment banking, private equity (or other investing), strategy/management consulting, or FP&A
- At a rapidly growing SaaS business model
- Strong cross-functional collaboration ability - this is a key strategic role with stakeholders across the business
- Comfortable presenting to and influencing the executive suite