- Your mission as CCS Site Specialist is to enable Climeworks’ Roadmap by finding the most promising DACS sites worldwide and develop them into project-ready sites.
- You take ownership of this process by evaluating sites according to established selection criteria and by collaborating cross-functional with different departments.
- You review existing regulations and laws and proactively apply for any required permits.
- You will keep the data base of geological storage (“permanent sinks”) opportunities up to date and evaluate as well as rank them according to Climeworks' needs.
- An important part of your position is to create a list of developers and service providers globally and establish great relationships with partners, energy and service providers.
- In this position you will also conduct site visits for data gathering and monitoring.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field or earth sciences.
- Minimum first work experience with international regulatory frameworks of underground operations, ideally CO2 storage.
- You have a professional or scientific understanding of CO2 capture and storage value chain and in particular CO2 transport, storage, and monitoring.
- You also have professional knowledge of supply, storage and conversion technologies for energy with focus on renewable sources.
- You are able to communicate and transmit complex technical content with critical public perception, ideally geological CO2 storage.
- You are willing to travel up to 10% and on top of that you are fluent in English and good in German language.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, a solution-oriented approach and a cutting-edge technology in a scale-up environment. We also offer weekly bootcamp and yoga classes on our office rooftop and organize frequent team events and ski-weekends. Have we caught your interest? We look forward to your application!