Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
You will be an instrumental contributor as we build finance and accounting in a global, hyper growth environment. You will provide financial perspective, accountability and play a critical role in our Global FP&A team. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable operating with extremely high standards while also supporting a business that is scaling globally with high innovation and capital requirements.
Driving OPEX insights and Analysis
- Lead OPEX analyses across managed departments globally, to improve understanding, identify opportunities and feed into broader strategic questions;
- Responsible for highlighting and reporting on important trends, events, or unusuals across all OPEX costs;
- Generate insights on current OPEX questions, opportunities, and challenges;
- Manage ad hoc strategic and OPEX related financial requests i.e. preparing financial models and scenario analysis for situations including hiring, program/product launches, potential new market launches or ceases, M&A;
- Manage business stakeholder relationships from top to bottom of the organization with a sense of executive;
- Think strategically and help with tactical execution using the models to aid in decision making, overall company strategy, and worldwide operations
Providing core FP&A cycle activities
- Support month-end close activities related to accruals/prepayments of different costs and validation of actual results in the system;
- Provide variance analysis to explain the actual and forecasted performance of managed departments vs prior year/AOP/forecast;
- Lead forecasts/budgets development for managed departments by working with budget holders to review and validate their bottoms up approach, providing assessment and recommendations of OPEX drivers to executives;
- Own Bird’s analysis and document preparation for external reporting (i.e, 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, etc.) for all OPEX/SG&A expenses
- Partner with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs, support month-end close and internal / external audits
Develop a team of FP&A analysts supporting managed OPEX area
- Ample experience leading a team in a highly productive environment; knowing when to take lead and when to be a team member
- Lead and coach team of Associates to provide high-quality support to their stakeholders;
- Understand team development plans and work with them to address their gaps through experience, networking, training activities;
- Be a core member of a team that is building the financial backbone for Bird’s operational maturity endeavors
Ad hoc Operational and Cost Management Projects
- Drive simplification projects to improve efficiency in working in FP&A OPEX area (ie. forecast modeling automation, creation of global OPEX data warehouse reporting, and self-service BI tools);
- Assist the business partners and central and regional teams with OPEX related projects;
- Collaborate across boundaries, share best practices working with different teams;
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of different OPEX dynamics in the managed departments;
- Establish helpful productive relationships with key contacts in HQ and across the regions to encourage the flow of information and share knowledge;
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in public manufacturing or technology company or high-growth environment (years may be substituted with investment banking, private equity or accounting experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or in a related discipline
- Fluent English speaker
- Willingness to adapt in a challenging and fluid environment
- Public company FP&A experience and transitioning from a private to public company is a huge plus
- Proficiency working with FP&A systems such as Planful, Adaptive Insights or similar financial planning software
- Proficiency with NetSuite or similar ERP system
- Ability and genuine excitement to partner with leaders in the business
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling, forecasting, analysis, and financial reporting
- Ability to work independently, effectively handle multiple competing priorities and manage deadlines under pressure
- Entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Experience in a software and manufacturing based business environment
- Prior experience leading and managing a small team
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a work from home stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.