We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and values-driven Carbon Services Manager to join our Carbon Management vertical. At WAP, we have a holistic view of sustainability, and working within this vertical means doing much more than just measuring carbon footprint: we go beyond and help companies build a reliable and accurate carbon accounting program that makes it easy to report to (CDP, SASB, GRI), reduce (IPCC or SBTI) and eliminate (carbon neutral programs).
About WAP Sustainability:
WAP Sustainability is a partnership of sustainability catalysts providing technical and strategic expertise to clients in various industries, including consumer and building products, manufacturing, technology, and financial services. WAP's core value lies in the organization's competence and ability to support clients across various sustainability services, such as Life Cycle Assessment, Chemicals Management, ESG reporting, and Carbon Accounting. We are fueled by creativity and entrepreneurial ambition.
Our team strives to solve complex problems that make people, the environment, and the economy more resilient in these unprecedented times of global environmental change.
Since 2022, WAP is an INC. 5000 business, signifying it as one of America's fastest-growing privately held businesses.
About our Carbon Services Manager role:
Apply for our position if you are passionate about improving the environmental and human health footprints of leading companies and their products and comfortable in a fast-moving business setting focused on innovation, entrepreneurship, and change, and willing to learn, grow and maintain your expertise as the industry progresses.
The person in this position will play a critical role by:
- Supporting and managing Scope 1, Scope 2 and/or Scope 3 corporate Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventory projects for manufacturing, consumer products, and financial service clients.
- Developing corporate carbon reduction targets and net zero goals using leading methodologies and standards, such as the Science Based Targets Initiative and the Climate Pledge.
- Researching and developing enterprise-wide physical and transitional risk outcomes and processes related to climate and sustainability.
- Managing reporting process and preparing submittals to carbon transparency reporting and scoring platforms, such as the CDP.
- Develop strategy and manage multi-year strategic outcomes for clients across a variety of sectors.
- Identify opportunities for direct and indirect emissions reductions using various tools, including energy generation and efficiency, optimized materials, carbon credit procurement, and supply chain engagement.
- Collaborate with team members cross-functionally to support and leverage other services, such as LCA, material health and toxicology, and ESG reporting.
- Support colleagues in a fashion that builds their expertise and supports knowledge transfer and growth.
- Continually educate yourself on trends and changes to carbon accounting methods and reporting standards. Provide education on trends and evolving standards to the WAP team and clients.
Moreover, the ideal candidate will have documented experience with the following:
- Conducting and managing greenhouse gas inventories,
- Submitting carbon disclosures,
- Providing insights that inform strategy and managing related organizational change.
- Evaluating and defining carbon and greenhouse gas-related opportunities and risks.
- Understanding of core standards, metrics, and processes for carbon accounting and reporting.
- Reporting and developing strategy and improvement plans for leading carbon transparency and scoring platforms, such as the CDP.
- Evaluating carbon neutrality opportunities, certifications, and claims.
Priority will be given to candidates who are independently driven, trusted problem solvers, and effective team-oriented collaborators who bring a client-first service-based attitude to the office day in and day out. This is a full-time and fully remote position; relocation is not required.
Compensation will be negotiated based on experience. WAP also offers an end-of-year bonus based on performance and medical, dental, and vision insurance as a benefit for our employees.
- Effectively manage and organize multiple consulting projects that simultaneously cross several dimensions of carbon management services.
- Independence, drive, and trust are important attributes of working in a remote atmosphere.
- Ability to define and communicate solutions to unstructured problems while being effective at high-level thought and managing relevant details.
- Ability to inspire and educate co-workers and clients with actions, empathy, and knowledge.
- Keen ability to proactively anticipate client and market needs while developing and communicating potential solutions and service opportunities.
- Ability to understand and evaluate a client’s business model and culture to identify how and where carbon management and reporting can supplement and drive their unique business value.
- Ability to navigate through complicated and complex data to understand what is essential in moving a project and strategy toward completion.
- Ability to motivate and lead by example.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, environmental science, sustainability, or another related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Moderate to advanced ability using both Microsoft and Apple products and the ability to leverage cloud and video conferencing technologies effectively.
- 3-5+ years in carbon accounting, reporting, and strategy development experience. Consulting experience preferred.